PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - Feb 28, 2013) - VMware, Inc. (
"As critical healthcare reform requirements evolve, healthcare providers need more practical, lower-cost ways to improve quality-of-care services, increase clinician productivity and improve business agility," said Frank Nydam, director, business development healthcare office of the CTO, VMware. "The new vCloud for Healthcare supports old and new IT systems and allows healthcare IT customers to use a common cloud infrastructure to securely deliver patient care and share information -- inside and outside the hospital."
The vCloud for Healthcare solution helps transform the cost, quality and delivery of patient care while providing the necessary control and transparency for regulated organizations to meet and maintain compliance mandates. To provide a true end-to-end care cloud platform for customers, vCloud for Healthcare brings together the capabilities of products within VMware Horizon Suite and VMware vCloud Suite that healthcare customers need to architect an agile, reliable, private and hybrid cloud. The vCloud for Healthcare solution enables healthcare customers to:
- Increase clinician mobility and satisfaction by creating fast and reliable end-user access to the resources needed to treat patients, including:
- Clinical Point of Care - Save time and improve workflows with secure authentication (e.g., the touch of a finger or tap of a badge) to clinical workspaces and patient-care applications with VMware AlwaysOn Point of Care™.
- Application Management and Catalog Services - Streamline processes with efficient self-service access and management of approved end-user applications with Horizon Workspace.
- Mobility and Collaboration - Improve connected care with access to patient-care applications, including EMRs and CPOE systems, from any device, anywhere, with Horizon Workspace.
- Extend the benefits of virtualization, automated operations, security and disaster recovery to address specific healthcare IT needs:
- Care Systems Analytics - Reduce downtime of critical patient-care applications and remediate issues before they affect end users with VMware vCenter™ Operations Management Suite™.
- Industry Security Compliance - Enable integrated and proactive regulatory compliance for the cloud and deliver dynamic clinical IT services in a trusted infrastructure with vCloud Networking and Security™ and vCenter Configuration Manager™, including VMware HIPAA Compliance Checker for Windows and Linux.
- Care Systems Continuity - Keep systems up and running with VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager™.
- Care Systems Automation - Improve efficiency by simplifying and automating IT operations with VMware vCloud Automation Center™.
- VMware vCloud Connector™ for Healthcare - Helps ensure regulated workloads can be safely moved to public clouds via a hybrid model.
- Care Systems Application Manager - Deploy, monitor and scale multitier healthcare applications with VMware vFabric™ Application Director.
"As Stage 2 and 3 Meaningful Use rules emerge, health information exchange without borders continues to improve patient engagement and care collaboration across the continuum of healthcare," said Scott Lundstrom, group vice president, IDC Health Insights. "We believe that products that define the healthcare cloud will help address and simplify the journey healthcare organizations take to transform business and qualify for payment incentives."
"VMware AlwaysOn Point of Care helped us increase CPOE adoption and attain Stage 1 Meaningful Use," said Jon Russell, CIO of Kettering Health Network. "Now with VMware vCloud for Healthcare, we are looking toward achieving the next milestone in healthcare reform: Stage 2 Meaningful Use."
VMware is a diamond sponsor at HIMSS 2013 in New Orleans, LA, March 3-8, and will hold demonstrations in booth 851.
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs. With 2012 revenues of $4.61 billion, VMware has more than 480,000 customers and 55,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware, vCloud, VMware AlwaysOn Point of Care, vCenter, Operations Management Suite, vCloud Networking and Security, vCenter Configuration Manager, vCenter Site Recovery Manager, vCloud Automation Center, vFabric and vCloud Connector are trademarks or registered trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
- Technology & Electronics
The OutCast Agency