REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 30, 2013) - Oracle (
- Washington State Board for Community & Technical Colleges (SBCTC), a system of 34 public technical and community colleges across the state of Washington, will replace its legacy administrative and student systems with a broad range of Oracle solutions to streamline administrative business processes and improve student service.
- The college system's legacy information management system did not have the flexibility needed to address SBCTC's evolving needs, including providing students, faculty and staff with mobile technologies. Therefore, SBCTC had to complete many administrative and student services processes manually or through shadow systems -- a costly process that was not sustainable over time.
- SBCTC will work with Oracle and Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Platinum Partner Ciber to implement Oracle's PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, PeopleSoft Human Capital Management, PeopleSoft Financials and Oracle Fusion Analytic Applications -- all on the foundation of Oracle Database 11g, Oracle Real Application Clusters, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition.
- With Oracle, SBCTC will have a centralized system for procurement, financial transactions, human resources and payroll -- helping it to integrate critical campus processes and improve administrative decision making. In addition, the college system will be able to provide its students with new services that allow them to register for classes and plan their education online. With the system-wide standardized IT platform, SBCTC will realize substantial efficiency and productivity gains, while students, faculty and staff who are associated with multiple campuses will be able to use a single online login and a common set of processes.
- "We look forward to working with the Washington State Board for Community Technical Colleges to shift labor-intensive, manual processes to an automated system that will help it modernize business processes and more effectively serve students, faculty and staff," said Cole Clark, global vice president of education and research, Oracle.
- Oracle in Higher Education
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
- PeopleSoft Human Capital Management
- PeopleSoft Financials
- Oracle Fusion Analytic Applications
- Oracle Database 11g
- Oracle Real Application Clusters
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition
- Oracle Higher Education on Facebook
- Oracle Higher Education on Diigo
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the education and research industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.