WEST CHICAGO, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Sick of the same old flowerbeds and containers? This spring, don’t just update your landscape. Wavescape it. Wavescaping — adding Wave® petunias outdoors — can improve any space, no matter how big or small. The all-around, up-and-down planting of vibrant Wave petunias adds dynamic curb appeal and stylish décor to home gardens, patios or balconies.
“As the weather begins to warm up, many homeowners and apartment and condo dwellers are looking for simple, low-cost projects to spruce up, add color and bring new life to their spaces, indoor and out,” says Claire Watson, Wave brand manager and Wavescaping Wizard. “Wavescaping is the perfect weekend DIY project for those looking to renew their outdoor spaces. It’s like remodeling your living room outside.”
Whether you’re a novice or an expert, Wavescaping gives gardeners the opportunity to get creative and revitalize existing areas. And because Wave petunias are available in five easy, spreading habits and more than 50 colors and mixes, the Wavescaping options are endless.
“Gardeners in small, urban spaces can add a pop of vibrant color by Wavescaping their balconies with a trendy container display, and those with more room can add larger, trailing Wave petunias to a window box or front flowerbed,” Watson says. “If it has a Wave petunia, it’s a Wavescape.”
There’s no project too big or too small for the Wave family. So what kind of garden challenge can Wavescaping solve for you?
- You want to impress the neighbors …take advantage of the beautiful, spreading and trailing habit of traditional Wave petunias by creating vibrant, ground-hugging carpets of color throughout your yard. Make a statement by lining the walkway to your front door. Increase curb appeal with petunias cascading over your landscaping. Park a wagon in your front yard and fill it with a bed of your favorite color bloom. These dramatic, living displays are sure to impress the neighbors!
- You want to try something new … grow “up” with your garden. Break the traditional mold and maximize your garden space by creating vertical planters and living walls of color using mounding Tidal Wave petunias. With a few supplies, a simple wire frame and a variety of your favorite Wave petunias, you’ll be able to cover up an unsightly space in your yard, like an air conditioner or old fence, with a unique wall. Or, create a tower or tree that will outshine any flowering tree. If you want to try something different, fill your tower with mixed herbs or compact growing vegetables to make it edible. To add flair, try incorporating other warm-season plants, such as calibrachoa, verbena or vinca.
- You have limited space … adorn your front porch and create a lush hanging basket by placing three 4-inch petite blooming Shock Wave petunia plants in a 10- or 12-inch basket or container. Don’t over pack your container. Your plants shouldn’t fight for the nutrients they need to spread and cascade over the sides. Give these compact plants space to grow and watch how fast they fill in! For added flair, incorporate other warm-season varieties for a mixed container, or add seasonal items from the craft store, such as American flags, citrus fruit or ornamental birds.
- You’re not a gardener … but rather a decorator at heart, so beautify your backyard while shedding a little light in your garden. Try a simple project for your outdoor patio. Turn a hanging basket of Easy Wave petunias into an elegant candelabra with a few simple steps. Insert four tapered candles directly into the soil of your 12-inch hanging basket of petunias straight and securely, letting them burn until just above the flowers. Your guests will be impressed with this touch of sophistication at your next outdoor dinner party.
- You need a gift in a snap … give the gift of growing, festive planters of colorful Easy Wave petunias. They make the perfect gift for the girl who has everything! Whether it’s for your mom this Mother’s Day or the hostess of the next backyard barbeque you attend, a basket of blooming petunias is a pleasant surprise that keeps on giving. If you are the hostess, give away pink or blue bundles of petunias in pots as door prizes for the next baby shower you throw. Or, you can delight a bride with a spread of take-home centerpieces in the theme of her wedding palette.
For a library of Wavescaping imagery, click here.
Find more warm-season ideas and inspiration on the newly redesigned www.Wave-Rave.com, or m.Wave-Rave.com on your mobile device. There, you’ll find videos, photos and music to provide motivation, as well as a retail locator to find Wave near you.
ABOUT WAVE™: The Wave™ Family has provided gardeners with easy-spreading color since the introduction of Wave™ petunias in 1995. The five types of petunias — Original Wave™, Tidal Wave™, Double Wave™, Easy Wave™ and Shock Wave™ — offers dramatic color, exceptionally long bloom time, and fantastic mounding and trailing habits for garden beds and containers. Joining the Wave Family in 2012, Cool Wave pansies provide the same vigorous spreading and trailing habits with the addition of hardiness and vibrant color during the cool seasons. For more information, visit wave-rave.com.
- Home & Garden
Mary Anderson, 262-938-5425