NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Mar 20, 2013) - Winston Baker, leading global producer of film finance conferences, announces the 5th Annual Film Finance Forum ® East, which will be hosted in association with Variety on April 16, 2013 at the Dream Hotel Downtown in New York City.
"We are designing this particular forum to address the most current investment trends for those considering the film business as an asset class. It will be crucial for new entrants to this sector to gain an understanding of the nuances of the film business vs. other alternative investment sectors such as health, real estate, energy, and technology. Our speaking faculty will include industry veterans who have closed some of the biggest and most intricate transactions in film finance history and we are honored to have them join us," said Katherine Winston, Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Winston Baker.
The seasoned speaking faculty will include:
- Chip Seelig, Managing Partner, The Seelig Group
- Sean Kisker, General Manager, Motion Picture Group, Lionsgate
- Andy Kim, Chief Financial Officer, The Weinstein Company
- Brian de Cenzo, Vice President, Goldman, Sachs & Co.
- Laura Fazio, Managing Principal, Twin Oaks Advisors
- Teddy Schwarzman, Principal, Black Bear Pictures
- Amir Malin, Managing Principal, Qualia Capital
- Eileen Burke, Founder and Managing Principal, West End Capital and Advisory
- Stephen Stites, Vice President, Goldman, Sachs & Co.
- James Moore, Chief Executive Officer, Vine Alternative Investments
- Christopher Woodrow, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Worldview Entertainment
- Margaret Chu, Founder, Tangram Advisors
- Dominic Ianno, Chief Executive Officer, Indomitable Entertainment
- Jonathan Deckter, President, International Sales and Distribution, IM Global
- John Hadity, Executive Vice President, EP Financial Solutions, Entertainment Partners
- Colin Brown, Editorial Director, Slated
- Elliott Mandelbaum, Director, MESA
"The challenge of investing and operating within the film sector continues to evolve and affect deal-making. Winston Baker's Film Finance Forum is an excellent opportunity to have access to the views and strategies of leading industry players whose activities have a direct impact on the industry dynamics," said Stuart Ford, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of IM Global and Lead Sponsor of the New York forum.
Topics to be addressed at the forum include:
- Considering the Film Business as an Asset Class
- State of the Slate: Returning with Caution
- Entity-Level Investments: A Closer Look at Hybrid Models
- Evaluating the Next Wave of Distressed Opportunities
- The Evolution of Deal Structure from a Single Picture Perspective
- P&A Funds: The Realities of "Last Money In, First Money Out"
- Section 181 Extension and Impact on Film Investing
- Capitalizing on the Independent Film Business
In addition to IM Global, supporting sponsors of the forum include Entertainment Partners, Film Production Capital, and Slated. Event partners include Hedge Fund Alert and New York Women in Film.
Film Finance Forum ® East is designed for chief investment officers, private equity and hedge fund managers, angel investors, high net worth individuals, private family office managers, and financial advisors who are interested in learning more about the film business as a non-correlated asset class and networking with seasoned deal-makers in the industry. For more information, visit: http://www.filmfinanceforum.com/newyork.html.
About Winston Baker
The Winston Baker team specializes in organizing conferences for the financial community, offering timely programs, which address emerging investment trends and finance strategies. Conferences created and produced by the Winston Baker team include the Aviation Finance Summit, Film Finance Forum ®, and New Energy Capital Summit. For more information: www.WinstonBaker.com.