Can you remember the last time you emailed someone who had a @hotmail.com email address?
So it's strange, isn't it, that Google's webmail product, Gmail, only last month, finally passed Hotmail as the world's most popular email provider.
It's 2012. Gmail came out in 2004. Eight years ago.
- Impressive stuff by Google to own leads in both search and email now.
- Email is very sticky. So even though Webmail is shrinking by the minute, it's going to take a long time for Yahoo and Microsoft to really feel the pain.
More From Business Insider
- The Only Hurricane Sandy Map You Need, Built By Google
- Amazon Paid This Exec $325,000 Not To Work For Google, But He's Doing It Anyway
- Google Lost Its Next Super Phone In A Bar, Just Like Apple
- Technology & Electronics
- Sports & Recreation