WORCESTER, MA--(Marketwire - Nov 29, 2012) - World Energy Solutions, Inc. (
A 2010 study by Forrester Research concluded that the average cost of manually processing and paying invoices is on the order of $30 per bill. With Bill Management, World Energy can help cut that cost significantly, a boon for customers with multiple sites and managing hundreds of bills per month. An added benefit is the online presentation of all billing data, allowing customers to recognize and track usage patterns, assisting the pursuit of energy efficiency. Additionally, because the billing service is bundled with World Energy's energy procurement offering, no up-front or separate fee is required; instead Bill Management can be financed through a small monthly charge on the customer's energy bill.
Available immediately, Bill Management includes the following key features:
- Energy Data and Billing Dashboard: The dashboard enables customers to view their energy information online, including usage by facility and images of their utility bills;
- Advanced Reporting and Analysis: The service helps users easily compare sites across any utility type and spot outliers to enable smarter business decisions;
- Bill Validation and Payment: At its core, Bill Management ensures prompt, accurate payment of utility bills through the use of scalable technology and processes;
- Error Resolution: The Bill Management software automatically identifies possible errors and helps speed their resolution; and
- Invoice Reconciliation: For the most complex bills, the World Energy team can analyze and reconstruct tariffs, as well as fully recalculate bills from scratch.
"World Energy has a strong track record of working closely with its customers to successfully meet their energy management needs, and our latest bill management offering both deepens this commitment and broadens our service capabilities," said Martha Danly, Chief Product Officer, World Energy Solutions. "Providing advanced monitoring solutions like Bill Management is a logical next step in our development as a leader in energy management and a move that is being welcomed by customers."
For more information on the World Energy Bill Management service, please see www.worldenergy.com/bill-management.
About World Energy Solutions, Inc.
World Energy Solutions, Inc. (
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ from those indicated in the forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to the following: our revenue and backlog are dependent on actual future energy purchases pursuant to completed procurements; the demand for our services is affected by changes in regulated prices or cyclicality or volatility in competitive market prices for energy; and there are factors outside our control that affect transaction volume in the electricity market. Additional risk factors are identified in our Annual Report on Form 10-K and subsequent reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Nature & Environment