NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - Apr 29, 2013) - The Sohn Conference Foundation will hold its 18th Annual Sohn Investment Conference on May 8, 2013 from 12:00pm - 6:00pm at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center in New York City. This year's event will feature an impressive lineup of 15 of the world's savviest investors, who will present their market insights to attendees.
The much-anticipated Sohn Investment Conference provides a forum for investors to share fresh market insights, while also serving as a fundraiser to support innovative pediatric cancer research. As the Conference's founding entity, the Sohn Conference Foundation supports pioneering research programs for the treatment and cure of pediatric cancer through a variety of renowned investment events around the world. Since 1995, the conferences have raised in excess of $50 million for these causes.
The speaker lineup for the 18th Annual Sohn Investment Conference is as follows:
- William Ackman, CEO and Portfolio Manager, Pershing Square Capital Management, L.P.
- Kyle Bass, Principal, Hayman Capital Management, L.P.
- James Chanos, Founder and Managing Partner, Kynikos Associates, L.P.
- Stanley Druckenmiller, Former Managing Director, Duquesne Capital Management
- David Einhorn, President, Greenlight Capital, Inc.
- Steven Eisman, Founder and Portfolio Manager, Emrys Partners, L.P.
- Jeffrey Gundlach, CEO and Chief Investment Officer, DoubleLine
- Jonathon Jacobson, Founder, Chief Investment Officer and CEO of Highfields Capital Management, L.P.
- Mitchell Julis, Co-Founder, Co-Chairman and Co-CEO, Canyon Partners, LLC
- Li Lu, Chairman, Himalaya Capital
- Keith Meister, Managing Partner and Chief Investment Officer, Corvex
- Clifton Robbins, Founder and CEO, Blue Harbour Group, L.P.
- Paul Singer, Founder and President, Elliott Management Corporation
- David Stemerman, Founder and Porfolio Manager, Conatus Capital
- Tor Olav Trøim, Vice President and Director, Seadrill
"This year's Sohn Investment Conference features an incredible lineup of investors, each sharing their investment insights in support of our pediatric-cancer initiatives," said Douglas Hirsch, Co-Chair of the Sohn Conference Foundation.
In addition to the above speakers, the conference also features the winner of the Sohn Investment Contest who will also present his or her winning idea. The contest is intended to encourage anyone with an investment idea to showcase their plan in front of the world's leading global investment minds. Contest participants are to submit their best investment idea by 5pm (ET) on May 2, 2013; entries can be any marketable security (long or short) with a market capitalization above $1 billion. The winner will be selected based on the judges' determination of the most compelling investment idea over a one-year horizon.
A distinguished group of judges led by Joel Greenblatt and including Bill Ackman, David Einhorn, Seth Klarman and Michael Price will determine the most compelling investment idea.
For more information about the conference, visit http://www.sohnconference.org.
About the Sohn Investment Conference
The Sohn Conference Foundation supports cutting-edge research and quality of life initiatives for children with cancer, so they can survive and thrive. The Foundation, focused on the New York City Metropolitan area, takes an investor's approach to selecting innovative and bold initiatives to battle pediatric cancer. It strives to inspire collaboration among the area's premier research institutions, seed the next generation of pediatric cancer scientists, support access to cutting-edge technology, and provide quality of life initiatives to children living with cancer. The Foundation's strategic partners include Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Rockefeller University, NYU Langone Medical Center, Columbia University Medical Center, New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center and Hackensack University Medical Center.
The Sohn Conference Foundation raises its funds through premier investment conferences and special events. Its renowned annual New York Sohn Investment Conference is the most significant stage for the world's savviest investors to share fresh investment insights. Founded in 1995, the Conference honors the memory of Ira Sohn, a successful trader on Wall Street who lost his battle with cancer at age 29. The Foundation has expanded its reach to include the Sohn London Conference and partnered with Excellence in Investing for Children's Causes for the Sohn San Francisco Conference. To date, the Foundation has raised $50 million. More information on the upcoming 18th Annual Sohn Investment Conference is available at www.sohnconference.org.
- Investment & Company Information
Ogilvy Public Relations