SEATTLE, WA--(Marketwire -03/06/12)-
The Washington Technology Industry Association (WTIA), one of North America's largest statewide associations of technology companies, is hosting its 17th annual Industry Achievement Awards (IAA). The IAA recognizes the best and brightest in Washington state -- those who have demonstrated innovation and excellence in creating technology or serving the industry. Held at the Showbox SODO, this casual event is expected to draw more than 500 attendees, and will feature a technology showcase of all the finalist companies and a special guest appearance from the CIO of Washington state, Bharat Shyam.
There are six IAA categories for companies and individuals, including CEO of the Year, which is new this year. In addition to recognizing the state's best companies and organizations, the WTIA will honor the student Technology Leader of Tomorrow with a scholarship. Community voting to select the Technology Leader of Tomorrow winner is open through March 9 at: http://washingtontechnology.org/iaa/iaa2012_taf_scholarships.asp
The IAA categories and respective finalists are:
- Best Early Stage Company: Appature, BigDoor, GreenCupboards
- Best Seed Stage Company: Simply Measured, Spiral Genetics, Zipline Games
- Consumer Product or Service of the Year: DocuSign, Parallels, Zillow
- Commercial Product or Service of the Year: EagleView Technologies, SEOMoz, Skytap
- Technology Accelerator Award: Founder's Co-Op, Lighter Capital, Opscode
- CEO of the Year: Ben Huh (Cheezburger), Steve Singh (Concur), Bryan Mistele (INRIX)
This year's Technology Leader of Tomorrow finalists are:
- "Pablo's Underwater Adventure," Amanze Oleru (7th grade) and Joanna Wong (6th grade)
- "The Skateboard King," Biruk Araya (8th grade) and Tyler Lam (6th grade)
- "Get Rich," Gizan Gando (7th grade)
Thursday, March 15, 2012
5:00 - 6:15pm: Registration | Networking | Finalist Company Showcase
6:15 - 7:30pm: Awards Ceremony
7:30 - 9:30pm: Buffet Dinner | Networking | Celebration
1700 1st Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98134
To register for the awards ceremony, visit www.washingtontechnology.org/IAA.
Media are eligible for a complimentary pass, and should contact Chris Warfield at email@example.com.
About the Washington Technology Industry Association
The Washington Technology Industry Association, founded in 1984, is one of the largest statewide associations of technology companies, IT departments and individual technology professionals in North America. With more than 800 members representing more than 100,000 employees in Washington state, the association is a catalyst for sharing expertise, fostering collaboration, delivering key business services and advancing the value and global impact of technology companies doing business in Washington. The association's global and funding partners are Aditi, AH&T, Davis Wright Tremaine, F5 Networks, HTC, Microsoft, RealNetworks, Regence BlueShield, Verizon, Vertafore and Wells Fargo Insurance Services. For more information, go to http://www.washingtontechnology.org.
Sterling Communications for WTIA