In Yelp's fourth-quarter earnings call, CEO Jeremy Stoppelman dropped a lot of numbers on the progress of the local-reviews site. But here's a big one: Yelp recorded 100 million monthly unique visitors in January.
Yelp still has to show it can be profitable—a hurdle it didn't clear in the fourth quarter, although its loss narrowed.
Some other numbers Stoppelman and CFO Rob Krolik mentioned:
- Reviews grew 45 percent in 2012
- Mobile devices with Yelp app installed grew 60 percent
- 26 new Yelp markets
- "Claimed" businesses grew to 1 million
- Active business accounts grew to 68,000
More From Business Insider
- PHOTO: 12 Of The Most Important People In Silicon Valley Ate Dinner Together Wednesday Night
- Yelp Is Adding Health-Inspection Scores To Reviews
- Yelp's CEO Must Fix These 6 Unsolved Problems Before He Can Get Profitable