For Immediate Release
Chicago, IL – 05/25/2012 – Zacks highlights commentary from People and Picks Trader “MightyMo”.
For more Voice of the People, visit http://at.zacks.com/?id=5851
Mo’s ‘Stocks That Rake’ List
Big seventh week listing the best and hottest stocks. A decision was made to rename the list from 'The Hot Momentum Stock list' to 'Stocks that are Raking list'. This opens the door to stocks that are not normally categorized as momentum stocks but now to all stocks that are....raking it.
Why buy stocks that are high? Buy high, sell even higher. The answer is very obvious. In a bull market, these stocks have shown conviction. They are proven winners. The best pro football, basketball, baseball teams pay TOP dollar to play the best players! They are proven winners and provide the teams with even better possibilities of winning.
Realtors and top companies pay TOP dollar for the best real estate because it provides the best opportunity and safety for growth. Top and the very best strong companies pay TOP dollar for the best CIO's because they provide the company the TOP opportunites to win in their industries. In contrast, the local yokels have been brainwashed since grade school to buy bargins and things on sale. Those folks are still poor!
Onward to the best stocks today based on PRICE alone!
The list does not take into consideration fundamentals, technical analysis, sentiment or human behavior factors. The listing is based on factual and demonstrated price data (actual price action) except for applying a weight factor for stocks that pay dividends.
The factors that make up the list pertain to the following:
- % of weeks (over 10) in which the stock showed gains (for example a stock up 10 of 12 weeks is 83.33%)
- Number of weeks that the stock gained in the last four weeks
- How well the stock has performed in the last two weeks
- % stock share gain since the beginning of the year
- % stock share gain the last four weeks
- A factor is applied for stocks that pay dividends and the % yield
The (partial) listing for this week:
- Sherwin-Williams (SHW) is a perfect example. This was a number one stock when we started the LIST 7 weeks ago. The whispers were that it was too high. It's now at a new high even with the May stock market downturn. SHW has painted itself intra-day for yet another new high. SHW has been the No 1 ranked stock since inception of this list. UP 22 out of 23 straight weeks!
- Hain Celestial (HAIN) In a major market downturn, HAIN is hitting intra day highs. The organic food company was on a tear before Whole Foods reported blow out earnings. HAIN just continues to tear it up. UP 14 out of 15 STRAIGHT WEEKS..SERIOUSLY in a down market on top of that!
- The Smart Telephone companies. If you don't own a 'smart phone' you perceived as being out of it..nothing.. You're considered stale, old meat, not with it. The two major companies running this, selling the android and iphone phones in the zillions are AT&T (T) and Verizon (VZ) and their stock is rocking.
- Monster Beverage (MNST). Monster hitting new hights. Up 11 out of last 14 weeks.
About the Zacks Community
In 2008, Zacks Investment Research launched PeopleAndPicks.com, a stock-picking website where members of the Zacks community can test their strategies and share ideas with other members. Each user is scored on the accuracy of his or her picks, and top users are rewarded with free products from Zacks. Registration is free. To learn more about People And Picks, visit http://at.zacks.com/?id=5957
Zacks.com is a property of Zacks Investment Research, Inc., which was formed in 1978 by Len Zacks. As a PhD from MIT Len knew he could find patterns in stock market data that would lead to superior investment results. Amongst his many accomplishments was the formation of his proprietary stock picking system; the Zacks Rank, which continues to outperform the market by nearly a 3:1 margin. The best way to unlock the profitable stock recommendations and market insights of Zacks Investment Research is through our free daily email newsletter; Profit from the Pros. In short, it's your steady flow of Profitable ideas GUARANTEED to be worth your time! Register for your free subscription to Profit From the Pros by going to http://at.zacks.com/?id=5958.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zacksresearch
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Zacks-Investment-Research/57553657748?ref=ts
Visit http://www.zacks.com/performance for information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.
Zacks Investment Research is under common control with affiliated entities (including a broker-dealer and an investment adviser), which may engage in transactions involving the foregoing securities for the clients of such affiliates.
Disclaimer: Past performance does not guarantee future results. Investors should always research companies and securities before making any investments. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any security.
Contact: Brent Billock
People & Picks Manager
More From Zacks.com