NEW YORK, April 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Zola announces today the launch of its iPhone app, which will allow couples to create and manage their Zola registry from anywhere. Re-inventing the wedding registry for modern couples, Zola is the only site that allows couples to register - in one place - for curated merchandise, experiences, services, cash funds and almost anything from any store. With the Zola app, couples will be able to create and edit their registries while on the go, scan any product onto their registry using the barcode scanner, and have fun with app-exclusive features like Blender, which allows them to browse the entire Zola selection, one at a time, swiping right to add to their registry or left to pass.
"Couples today expect their wedding registry experience to be easy to set up, fun to interact with, and accessible from anywhere," says Shan-Lyn Ma, Co-founder and CEO of Zola. "Zola for iPhone leverages the modern design and device capabilities our couples expect from their favorite apps. We are making the experience of adding gifts to wedding registries as exciting as it should be – whether our couple is on their couch swiping things onto their registry via Blender, or out in the world, adding things to their registry via the barcode scanner."
Since Zola's launch in October 2013, over 10,000 couples have created a registry on Zola.com, with registry growth accelerating every month. There are now 3,000 products/experiences available on Zola.com, with experiences available across four cities and plans to expand into at least four more within the next six months.
"Zola's mission is to help engaged couples imagine and realize their future lives together. We hope this new app helps facilitate meaningful conversations between couples, wherever they are, about the kinds of experiences and items they want to bring into their home and life together," says Nobu Nakaguchi, Co-founder and Chief Design Officer of Zola.
Couples will be able to create and manage their registry on the go with the Zola iPhone app and receive access to all of the benefits of Zola, including the expansive selection of gifts and honeymoon funds, Group Gifting and Send It Later features, and more. Other features include:
- Tell your story: Personalize your Zola wedding registry by uploading photos from your iPhone, creating new collections for your gifts, and writing notes to your guests about why you chose the items on your registry.
- Add anything from anywhere: See something in a store you love? Use Zola's barcode scanner to add it to your registry.
- Have fun with Blender: Couples can quickly browse Zola's entire selection, one at a time, and swipe right to add to their registry or swipe left to pass on the item.
- Build your future together: Browse thousands of popular products, experiences, and honeymoon funds, or let Zola's Starter Collections guide you to the essentials and most popular registry items
- Track and manage your gifts: Use Zola's Gift Tracker to see when gifts are given, manage delivery of gifts, and withdraw cash fund gifts. It's never been easier to choose when you want to receive your gifts.
- Get all the benefits of Zola: Enjoy everything you love about Zola, wherever you are, including Group Gifting, our no-hidden-fee policy on cash/honeymoon funds, and our Send it Later feature, so you only get the gifts you want, when you are ready for them.
Zola is available for free on the iTunes App Store or at: www.zola.com/iphone
Zola was founded by Shan-Lyn Ma, Nobu Nakaguchi and Kevin Ryan, former colleagues from Gilt Groupe. With their combined experiences in building inspiring e-commerce experiences, leveraging merchandising, design and technology, the group set out to redefine the wedding registry for the modern couple. Zola.com launched in October 2013, offering an exciting new way to register for housewares, kitchen equipment, furniture, food, bicycles, experiences, honeymoon funds and cash funds. With the website, engaged couples can create fully-customizable, beautiful registries with a single checkout and include unique features for guests such as group gifting.
Astrsk PR for Zola,
- Personal Finance - Lifestyle
- Technology & Electronics