|MFS Corporate Bond A|
MFS Series Trust IX111 Huntington Avenue, 24th FloorBoston, MA 2199
|Fund Inception Date:||May 8, 1974|
|Richard O. Hawkins|
Lead Manager since Oct 30, 2005
|Richard O. Hawkins, CFA
- Investment Officer
- Fixed Income Portfolio Manager
- Serves on MFS Fixed Income Strategy Group, Fixed Income Risk & Opportunities Group.
- As an Investment Grade Fixed Income Portfolio Manager, responsible for final buy and sell decisions, portfolio construction, risk assessment and cash management. Participates in the research process and strategy discussions.
- Joined MFS in 1988; previous positions include High Grade Credit Research Analyst; European Credit Research Analyst; International Sovereign and Currency Analyst.
- Previous experience includes 2 years as Credit and Sovereign Analyst at Fidelity Investments;
5 years as International Lending Officer at Manufacturers Hanover Trust Company covering Brazil.
- Affiliations include CFA Institute.
- University of Pennsylvania, MBA, with distinction
- Brown University, AB, Phi Beta Kappa|
|Min Initial Investment:||1,000|
|Min Initial Investment, IRA:||250|
|Min Initial Investment, AIP:||N/A|
|Min Subsequent Investment:||N/A|
|Min Subsequent Investment, IRA:||N/A|
|Min Subsequent Investment, AIP:||N/A||
|The investment seeks total return with an emphasis on current income, but also considering capital appreciation.
The fund normally invests at least 80% of the fund's net assets in corporate debt instruments. MFS may also invest the fund's assets in U.S. government securities. The fund invests the majority of the fund's assets in investment grade debt instruments, but may also invest in less than investment grade quality debt instruments (lower quality debt instruments).|
(Jun 29, 2015)
|Last Cap Gain
|Annual Holdings Turnover
(Jun 30, 2015)
|Average for Category:||69.48%|
|Annual Report Expense Ratio (net):||0.81%||0.87%|
|Prospectus Net Expense Ratio:||0.82%||N/A|
|Prospectus Gross Expense Ratio:||0.82%||N/A|
|Max 12b1 Fee:||0.25%||N/A|
|Max Front End Sales Load:||4.25%||4.02%|
|Max Deferred Sales Load:
|3 Yr Expense Projection*:||676||387|
|5 Yr Expense Projection*:||861||592|
|10 Yr Expense Projection*:||1,395||1,192|