Well, the end has finally come after years of hoping and praying and big losses, so goodbye Invensense! I originally bought into the company as a result of Motley Fool's bullish position, making it sound like it was going to be the greatest thing since...
And they were right for a time, as the stock soared up to 23 or 24 on Apple rumors, and then the mindblowing news, we got into Apple! and then, crash because we were in Apple, all the way down to well under ten bucks .
Shame on me for not selling at least half at the high, and shame on me for averaging down to much, and hey, i'm just venting, I had years of torture from this stock, and glad it's over.
Can someone shed light? I still have a few hundred shares left, and someone tell me why I should hold on? To see an extra penny per share, or is there a remote possibility still that the deal will be scrapped and another suitor drives price up to $20?? Or, has everyone sold and moved on?
I guess the writing was on the wall for Invensense. They needed to sell or lose a lot of their business.
Bosch Said to Win Some IPhone Orders in Blow to InvenSense
Robert Bosch GmbH has won orders from Apple Inc. to supply the next iPhone with some of its motion sensors, according to a person familiar with the deal, a potential blow to InvenSense Inc., currently the main supplier of those smartphone components.
OK, I sold off all my shares today. Lost 10K on this one. 👎
Why the large volume at this price? Is TDK buying everything on the open market?
Why wait to cash out? Am I correct or not, that if I sell say now it's $12.91 a share, but if I wait another month I get $0.09 more per share? If that's correct, whey would I wait? Or am I missing something?
Proposal(s) 1. TO ADOPT THE AGREEMENT AND PLAN OF MERGER ENTERED INTO BY AND AMONG INVENSENSE, TDK CORPORATION AND TDK SENSOR SOLUTIONS CORPORATION, PURSUANT TO WHICH INVENSENSE WOULD BE ACQUIRED BY TDK CORPORATION (THE "MERGER"), AND EACH SHARE OF INVENSENSE COMMON STOCK ISSUED AND OUTSTANDING IMMEDIATELY PRIOR TO THE ...(DUE TO SPACE LIMITS, SEE PROXY STATEMENT FOR FULL PROPOSAL). BOARD RECOMMENDATION: FOR FOR AGAINST ABSTAIN 2. TO APPROVE, ON A NON-BINDING, ADVISORY BASIS, THE COMPENSATION THAT MAY BE PAID OR BECOME PAYABLE TO INVENSENSE'S NAMED EXECUTIVE OFFICERS IN CONNECTION WITH THE MERGER. BOARD RECOMMENDATION: FOR FOR AGAINST ABSTAIN 3. TO APPROVE THE POSTPONEMENT OR ADJOURNMENT OF THE SPECIAL MEETING, IF NECESSARY OR APPROPRIATE, TO SOLICIT ADDITIONAL PROXIES IN FAVOR OF THE PROPOSAL 1 IF THERE ARE INSUFFICIENT VOTES AT THE TIME OF THE SPECIAL MEETING TO APPROVE PROPOSAL 1.
Are we all in the dark about whether to hold or sell now? I sold half already
X axis : Stocks Price Correlation Coefficient Y axis : Quantity of stocks May-2016 1,000 Day Parameter 4,338 NYSE Stocks Price Analysis This stock mode of correlation coefficient is 0.2 In other words, the correlation coefficient of the other stocks
Merger meeting in May?
Any update on buyout date?
When is the payout? the answer from investor relations was unclear.
INVN appears to suggest upside opportunity. Ive been struggling with this stock lately. Some of my other trades have been from aawesomestocks which are working out pretty well.
In most recent 10-Q form, it states "For the three and nine months ended January 1, 2017, Apple Inc. (“Apple”) accounted for 59% and 55% of total net revenue, respectively."
am I right that this is first time THE NAME being mentioned in INVN quarter report!!!? what happened to confidential agreements between them?
Sorry, have earnings come out or not? What's the deal?
TDK and Qualcomm just announced a Joint Venture, so basically instead of Qualcomm buying INVN direct, they got what they always wanted in a different way. Abdi use to work for Qualcomm so is this a coincidence or was it part of the plan all along? Qualcomm was a early investor in INVN when it first started business.
Why is INVN down so much today? Were earnings already released? And what does it matter if the TDK buyout is still in place?
INVN was overvalued at $12.70. $13 discounted to March of 2018 at 5% is around $12.32, and 5% is a fairly low risk return for a deal that could fall through if INVN fails to hit milestones.
The $46.7M mentioned as a the penalty payment should TDK pull out would amount to <$0.50/share and you'll see it down around $6.00.
If it turns out they've lost major deals with Apple AND TDK pulls out because of it, my guess is that there is no penalty. You'll see <$6/share.