MFS Corporate Bond A
MFS Series Trust IX111 Huntington Avenue, 24th FloorBoston, MA 2199
Alexander O. Mackey,Lead Manager since April 4, 2017
Richard O. Hawkins, CFA
- Investment Officer
- Fixed Income Portfolio Manager
- Serves on MFS Fixed Income Strategy Group, Fixed Income Risk & Opportunities Group.
- As an Investment Grade Fixed Income Portfolio Manager, responsible for final buy and sell decisions, portfolio construction, risk assessment and cash management. Participates in the research process and strategy discussions.
- Joined MFS in 1988; previous positions include High Grade Credit Research Analyst; European Credit Research Analyst; International Sovereign and Currency Analyst.
- Previous experience includes 2 years as Credit and Sovereign Analyst at Fidelity Investments;
5 years as International Lending Officer at Manufacturers Hanover Trust Company covering Brazil.
- Affiliations include CFA Institute.
- University of Pennsylvania, MBA, with distinction
- Brown University, AB, Phi Beta Kappa
Morningstar Style Box
Yahoo partners with Morningstar a leading market research and investment data group to help investors rate and compare funds on Yahoo Finance. The Morningstar Category is shown next to the Morningstar Style Box which identifies a fund's investment focus, based on the underlying securities in the fund.
While the investment objective stated in a fund's prospectus may or may not reflect how the fund actually invests, the Morningstar category is assigned based on the underlying securities in each portfolio. Morningstar categories help investors and investment professionals make meaningful comparisons between funds. The categories make it easier to build well-diversified portfolios, assess potential risk, and identify top-performing funds. We place funds in a given category based on their portfolio statistics and compositions over the past three years. If the fund is new and has no portfolio history, we estimate where it will fall before giving it a more permanent category assignment. When necessary, we may change a category assignment based on recent changes to the portfolio.