Low volume drift higher yesterday was accompanied by limited options volume as well. Macro ETF volume has declined considerably in the past week, and single stock options interest is lower after the end of earnings season.
1. AAPL - AAPL closed just below its July 29th intraday high of $99.44. Calls traded more than 2.5x more than puts, with the top 6 most active lines all calls. The weekly 100 calls and weekly 98 calls both traded over 50k on the session. Outside of weekly options, the Sept22nd 100 and the Sept22nd 105 calls both traded around 30k. AAPL options traders are pricing in higher volatility for the week of the iPhone 6 release, expected on Sept 9th.
2. AEO - The Sept 12 calls traded over 40k at an average price of 0.35, mostly in the afternoon. AEO reports earnings on Wednesday after the close. The options market is implying about a 9% move, vs. the 4 quarter average of 8.5% and the 8 quarter average of 7.5%. AEO last traded above $12 in early April.
3. HTZ - Stock broke out to a new all-tim high above $30 on Monday. Buyer of 20,926 of the March 29 calls for 4.40 in the morning. Hertz has been a focus of special situations traders as the company plans to spinoff its equipment rental business, and use the proceeds to pay back debt and buy back stock. The company has delayed its most recent earnings filing due to an accounting review dating back 3 years.
4. ADSK - AutoDesk had a big reversal on earnings on Friday, failing to make a new all-time high and then briefly touching a 2 month low. Buyer of 8k of the Oct 57.5 calls in the morning, paying 1.33 to open. ADSK’s intraday high this year is $58.68 from February.
5. NUE - Stock made a new 6 month high on big volume yesterday, and is now up 0.5% year-to-date, after spending most of 2014 in the red. The Oct 55 calls traded over 12k at an average price of 0.886, mostly buyer to open. Nucor is expected to report earnings in mid-October. The stock’s 5 year high is $54.73 from November.
Recommended for You
Visa users will have to wait a few more months to shop freely at Costco. The switch from American Express to Visa was supposed to happen in April, but now it is being pushed back to "early summer," Richard Galanti, Costco's (COST) chief financial officer said. The Issaquah-based retail giant signed…American City Business Journals
CFM, a joint venture of General Electric Co and Safran SA of France, said its backlog rose to 13,400 engines, including 2,154 sales in 2015 valued at $27 billion. The backlog of LEAP engines, which power Airbus A320neo and Boeing 737 MAX jetliners entering service this year and next, rose by…Reuters
From streaming TV to billion dollar video game franchises, along with David Gardner we look at innovations in content and distribution that have made entertainment more fun for everyone. This podcast was recorded on Jan. 19, 2016.The Motley Fool Videos
The bad news for the world's second-largest economy just won't quit. As China's troubled financial services sector teeters on collapse, here's the best way to pocket gains.TheStreet.com
Bonuses are growing much faster than the company is hiring.Fortune
This once high-flying biotech stock has hit bad times that aren't likely to abate anytime soon. Here are the reasons for shunning this erstwhile Wall Street darling.TheStreet.com
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton may have much bigger problems ahead than her expected loss to Sen. Bernie Sanders in Tuesday’s New Hampshire Democratic primary. After leading Sanders nationally for more than a year by whopping double digit margins, a new Quinnipiac University nationwide…The Fiscal Times
Four days after making a prediction that oil will double from its $26 “bottom”, T. Boone Pickens has sold all of his oil holdingsOilprice.com
For more than 25 years, credit scores have been practically synonymous with FICO, the shortened name of the Fair Isaac Corporation. "VantageScore Solutions is an effort to provide more choice in the marketplace," says Ezra Becker, vice president of research and consulting for the credit bureau…U.S.News & World Report
Shares of numerous cloud companies this morning are plunging, following a 40% decline in shares of LinkedIn (LNKD), and a nearly 50% decline in shares of Tableau Software (DATA), which, while not a cloud company per se, is neveretheless not helping high-valuation names like Salesforce.com (CRM),…Barrons.com
In coming quarters, the extremely weak balance sheets of these three debt-ridden companies will only get worse.TheStreet.com
Many argue that the bad-boy spectacle known as Martin Shkreli, the former Turing Pharmaceuticals CEO, has deeply damaged drug companies’ reputations. Take Thursday’s House Oversight Committee hearing on price gouging in drug sales. Shkreli’s decision to plead the fifth — and smirk his entire way…The Fiscal Times
In a development that promises to have major policy repercussions in Washington and throughout the Middle East, Saudi Arabia has offered to send ground troops into Syria to battle ISIS. Since the military campaign against ISIS began in 2014, the Saudis have been responsible for a relatively small…The Fiscal Times
Netflix (NFLX) stock is plunging this afternoon as the technology sector comes under pressure today.TheStreet.com
Feb. 5 -- Ospraie Management Managing Partner Dwight Anderson discusses Presient Obama's proposed ten-dollar-per-barrel oil tax. Anderson speaks on "Bloomberg ‹GO›."Bloomberg Video
- Choose NissanSponsored
No matter the destination, excitement never takes a backseat in the versatile and capable Nissan Rogue.
Being alert to the rolling changes that come at various life stages is the key to holding down your tax bill to the legal minimum. When you turn 65, the IRS offers a gift in the form of a bigger standard deduction. For 2015 returns, for example, a single 64-year-old gets a standard deduction of…Kiplinger