Low volume drift higher yesterday was accompanied by limited options volume as well. Macro ETF volume has declined considerably in the past week, and single stock options interest is lower after the end of earnings season.
1. AAPL - AAPL closed just below its July 29th intraday high of $99.44. Calls traded more than 2.5x more than puts, with the top 6 most active lines all calls. The weekly 100 calls and weekly 98 calls both traded over 50k on the session. Outside of weekly options, the Sept22nd 100 and the Sept22nd 105 calls both traded around 30k. AAPL options traders are pricing in higher volatility for the week of the iPhone 6 release, expected on Sept 9th.
2. AEO - The Sept 12 calls traded over 40k at an average price of 0.35, mostly in the afternoon. AEO reports earnings on Wednesday after the close. The options market is implying about a 9% move, vs. the 4 quarter average of 8.5% and the 8 quarter average of 7.5%. AEO last traded above $12 in early April.
3. HTZ - Stock broke out to a new all-tim high above $30 on Monday. Buyer of 20,926 of the March 29 calls for 4.40 in the morning. Hertz has been a focus of special situations traders as the company plans to spinoff its equipment rental business, and use the proceeds to pay back debt and buy back stock. The company has delayed its most recent earnings filing due to an accounting review dating back 3 years.
4. ADSK - AutoDesk had a big reversal on earnings on Friday, failing to make a new all-time high and then briefly touching a 2 month low. Buyer of 8k of the Oct 57.5 calls in the morning, paying 1.33 to open. ADSK’s intraday high this year is $58.68 from February.
5. NUE - Stock made a new 6 month high on big volume yesterday, and is now up 0.5% year-to-date, after spending most of 2014 in the red. The Oct 55 calls traded over 12k at an average price of 0.886, mostly buyer to open. Nucor is expected to report earnings in mid-October. The stock’s 5 year high is $54.73 from November.
Recommended for You
Eighteen U.S. companies have increased their dividends for at least half a century, writes Phil van Doorn.MarketWatch
Cramer says he's no longer negative on Advanced Micro Devices and thinks Micron Technology is OK.The Street
A 401(k) plan is standard in many compensation packages today, and the money in the account is yours to keep even if you and your employer part ways. For example, early withdrawals from IRAs and 401(k)s are subject to a 10 percent tax penalty.U.S.News & World Report
Ever since news broke that Hillary Clinton used an unauthorized and unsecured private e-mail server for all of her correspondence as secretary of state, she has defended herself with several arguments. None of the information transmitted through the server was classified, Clinton insisted at first,…The Fiscal Times
May 26 -- Mark Halperin and John Heilemann discuss the State Department inspector general report on Hillary Clinton’s use of a personal e-mail server on "With All Due Respect.”Bloomberg Video
A new survey of multimillionaires shows that today’s wealthy folks were raised with family values rather than financial privilege. A good upbringing is one of the main factors rich people cite as key to ...Money Talks News
The management of Plains All American Pipeline (PAA) didn't say much at its investor day Wednesday about potentially consolidating its master limited partnership with the general partner, Plains GP Holdings (PAGP), but investors are still nervous about it. Both Plains units were falling Thursday,…Barrons
By: Craig Bowles The leading automakers are scheduled to report monthly sales on Wednesday, June 1st. Summary: Automakers are expected to report a 17.4 million to 17.8 million seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) for May sales. May 2016 sales, likely down 4 percent from a year ago, are expected…Selerity Global Insight
This stock can go into the $40s based on normal valuation.Real Money
Jim Cramer says when there is this much bearish sentiment, investors have to go for these three groups — the most loathed stocks out there.CNBC
Your credit score can be a baffling thing. Your score goes up, and it goes down, and it's not always clear what is responsible for the movement.Kiplinger.com
CNBC's Diana Olick reports the nation's largest mortgage lender is now offering home loans to borrowers with a minimum of three percent down and a FICO score of 620.CNBC Videos
A new Deutsche Bank research report is cautiously optimistic on the second half of 2016, and four energy MLPs were cited as the firm's top picks.247wallst.com
On a downtown street in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday, a crowd of Democratic lawmakers led by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi joined striking Verizon Communications workers on the picket lines. “We’re asking Verizon to come to the table, to respect the value of work, to recognize their success…The Fiscal Times
Alibaba (BABA) stock is declining in late-afternoon trading on Wednesday after the company disclosed an SEC investigation into its accounting practices.The Street
Oil markets should not expect any tangible results from next week’s OPEC meeting as both Saudi Arabia and Iran feel nothing for a production cut or freezeOilprice.com
It's easy to think that the stock market is the playground of hedge funds and day traders, but in...Business Insider
Retirees are less satisfied these days, but there are easy ways to change that.USA Today
LONDON (AP) — Britain gained 333,000 people through immigration in 2015 — a near-historic high that is fanning the debate about newcomers ahead of a vote next month on whether the country should remain in the European Union.Associated Press