CBOE composite equity put/call ratio fell to a 6 week low as calls were more active than puts on the session. Here is the 1 year chart of that ratio:
1. VIX - VIX spot touched 14 for the first time since July 30th. VIX implied volatility also saw a large decline, as 30 day implied vol fell to 77, from above 100 to start August. The Nov 21 / 30 call spread traded 70k times at 0.76. The Sept 25 calls were also active, trading over 65k at an average price of 0.32. VIX spot has not moved above 23 in the past 2 years.
2. KMI - Stock ended up 9%, and briefly touched a new all-time high in the morning, after news of its consolidation and change in corporate structure. Calls were very active, with the Sept 40 call line trading over 30k at an average price of 0.95. The Dec 40 calls traded around 20k at an average price of 1.47. Implied volatility in farther dated options fell significantly as options traders lowered the probability of a big move from here over the next 3-6 months.
3. IMAX - Buyer of 20k of the Dec 30 calls for 0.95 to open, vs. selling 20k of the Aug 26 calls at 1.10 to close, as a trader rolled the long call position up and out. IMAX has not traded above $30 since December 2013. The stock is down 9% year-to-date, and does not report earnings until late October.
4. DHI - Buyer of 15k of the Nov 23 calls for 0.68 to open, vs. selling 14k of the Sept 24 calls at 0.06 to close, another trader rolling a call position. DHI sold off nearly 20% after a weak earnings report in late July, and the stock is now down 7% year-to-date. The $20 level is important support, while $22 is first resistance.
5. TSLA - TSLA rallied to within 2% of its all-time high of $265 from February. The Deutsche Bank upgrade yesterday was very optimistic about battery costs in the long-term (a crucial issue for cost parity with traditional cars). TSLA is now up 72% year-to-date. The weekly 260 calls were the most active line, trading over 12k at an average price of 5.28. TSLA 30 day implied volatility is still only around 38, near a 1 year low, even though the stock is nears a potential breakout to a new all-time high.
Recommended for You
Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton has put his mansion-estate in Newport Coast on the market for $16.5 million.Los Angeles Times
Tidal's new owner Jay Z has been calling customers personally to thank them for subscribing, while CEO Andy Chen has left the company.CNET
NEW YORK (AP) — Under pressure from an expanding number of cheaper online video services, the long-dominant bundle of channels offered by pay-TV companies is becoming a bit more flexible.Associated Press
Anecdotal signs the long-running bull run is overYahoo Finance
Long term care insurance is as pricey as it is important. Here are tips for how to manage retirement and meet healthcare costs without a policy.Investopedia
Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll has pulled off a bit of misdirection outside of the Multiple Listing Service, selling his home in Hunts Point, Wash., off-market for $6.1 million.Los Angeles Times
April 17 -- Bloomberg’s Scarlet Fu examines the stocks on the move in early trading. She speaks in "On The Markets" on "Market Makers.”Bloomberg Video
The Vix is going nuts. The Vix is also...Business Insider
There are about five zone managers in each of Wal-Mart's 3,407 supercenters, and those employees will be reassigned to department manager or assistant manager positions, spokesman Kory Lundberg said. In addition, Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, plans to add 7,000 to 8,000 department manager…Reuters
A reporter tries 10 everyday items from a local dollar store to find out if discount retailers really have the best deals.Credit.com
Though the hotly anticipated trailer was slated for release on Monday, a leaked version finds its way online.CNET
Greg Shultz investigates the KB3035583 update for Windows 7/8.1 systems and explains why he thinks it resembles an Easter Egg more so than Nagware.TechRepublic
If you want to know the single most reliable sign a stock is bottoming, Mad Money host Jim Cramer says you simply need to wait for the moment when the estimates are so low they can finally be beaten.CNBC Videos
The biotech segment has been growing well surpassing all expectations.Zacks
Technically Incorrect: A YouTube video shows a spirited argument between a parent and a Philadelphia school principal. It also shows the problems of tech in schools.CNET
Costco Wholesale Corp. has attained a goal that retailers have sought for years: near-zero expenses for credit-card payments. In a deal with Visa Inc. and Citigroup Inc., Costco’s acceptance costs will be about zero, according to people familiar with the arrangement. The arrangement shows the…Bloomberg
On the close Friday, the NYSE Arca Biotechnology Index is set for a rebalance. These four stocks that could see the highest amount of share count buying.24/7 Wall St.
The Bank of Russia spent $88 billion to limit the ruble’s collapse last year as international sanctions and lower oil prices reduced dollar inflows. The pace of the world-leading climb has made it the most “overbought” major currency, data compiled by Bloomberg show. Concerned the gains will erode…Bloomberg
The IRS wants $3.2 billion to cover back taxes that it says are owed by two Texas brothers and business tycoons that the IRS says hid income by setting up overseas trust funds. The Internal Revenue Service ...Associated Press