Yesterday was one of the lowest volume days of the year in the overall market. Second straight untilled gap up, and the S&P 500 index closed right at its 200 day moving average.
1. OXY - Trader paid 1.20 for 30,000 of the Jan15 110/120 call spreads to open when the stock was 100.56. The spread looks like it traded a total of 50k on the session, all around 1.20. OXY last traded above $110 in May 2011, and its all-time high is $117.885 from May 2011. The stock’s high for 2014 is $105.64, and the stock is up 5% year-to-date.
2. CSCO - Stock ended near a 2 month low after its earnings report, though volume was much lighter on earnings relative to most earnings releases over the past couple of years. The most active line was the Oct 26 calls, which traded over 55k at an average price of 0.205. CSCO’s high this year was $26.08 in late July.
3. SLV - Silver has remained depressed int he past couple of weeks even as precious metals miners and gold have seen some demand. Buyer of 49,800 of the Jan15 22/30 call spreads paying 0.26, looks like a trader rolling down a long call position from the 30 strike to the 22 strike.
4. ZMH - The Dec 105 calls traded 18,270 for 1.65 in the morning. That line initially traded around 20k in early June at a price above $6. ZMH made an all-time high of $108.33 shortly after earnings in late april.
5. JCP - JCP closed near the closely watched $10 resistance level, and that will be the spot to watch in the session today after last night’s earnings report (stock indicated around $10 at the moment). Most active lines yesterday were the Aug16th 8.5 puts and the Aug16th 10 calls, both of which traded over 20k. Volumes yesterday were more than 5x the 1 month average, and slightly skewed towards puts (123k puts traded vs. 110k calls).
Recommended for You
It was another wild day on Wall Street as stocks rallied and crude oil went parabolic. Stocks in...Business Insider
A new national survey shows Donald Trump continuing to surge in his blitzkrieg-like drive for the Republican presidential nomination, raising the question of whether anyone in the crowded GOP field can stop him. Trump, the billionaire provocateur who has heaped insults on the Obama administration,…The Fiscal Times
As the odds improve that President Obama will prevail in getting the U.S.-Iran nuclear deal past a recalcitrant Congress next month, GOP leaders already have begun concocting a face-saving plan B to take a parting shot at the controversial nuclear non-proliferation agreement. On Wednesday, Senate…The Fiscal Times
NEW YORK (AP) — Sprint is offering DirecTV customers one free year of cellphone service in a bold move aimed at the satellite TV company's new owner, AT&T.Associated Press
Aug. 26 -- In an interview on Bloomberg's "With All Due Respect," Republican frontrunner Donald Trump weighed in on former Governor Jeb Bush's immigration comments, Ross Perot's 1992 candidacy and the interest his campaign has generated among white supremacists.Bloomberg Video
A recent decision in a lengthy legal case involving two certified financial planners was hailed as a victory for consumers. A husband and wife, Jeffrey and Kimberly Camarda of Fleming Island, Fla...Consumer Reports
China has reduced its holdings of U.S. Treasuries this month to help smooth the yuan’s depreciation after the currency’s shock devaluation two weeks ago, according to people familiar with the matter. Channels for such transactions include China selling directly, through agents in Belgium and…Bloomberg
A Chicago-area couple found themselves with $47,000 of last year. That's when they made a commitment to make a change.Credit.com
Apple Retail Store visitors have long been able to get information on products from iPads on every table. That isn't the case any longer. Jordan Golson explains.TechRepublic
According to the complaint filed in federal court in Los Angeles, carbon monoxide is emitted when drivers leave their vehicles running after taking their electronic key fobs with them, under the mistaken belief that the engines will shut off. A keyless ignition lets a driver start a vehicle by…Reuters
There's much to like about the prospects for 'better-burger' chain Shake Shack, including a potential new hit product and limited customer resistance to price hikes.TheStreet.com
Business basics: Founded in 1888, Alcoa (symbol AA) is one of the biggest global miners and producers of aluminum, and a manufacturer of aluminum and titanium products. At 9,500 miles, its refined-products pipeline system is the nation's largest.Kiplinger
The pursuit of fusion energy has been a long and disappointing one thus far, given the inherent difficulty in producing stable reactions, but that doesn’t mean investors have given up hopeOilprice.com
While the Cowen estimates for forward natural gas pricing are lower than most Wall Street estimates, they still are very bullish on some of the top companies.24/7 Wall St.
Aug. 26 -- Jalopnik's Andrew Collins comments on Ford considering a revival of the Bronco sport utility vehicle and Ranger small pickup. He speaks with Bloomberg's Mark Crumpton and Matt Miller on "Bloomberg Markets."Bloomberg Video
You do only live once, after all, but most people also only get one shot at retirement. Maintaining their current lifestyle was the number one reason that people aren’t saving for retirement, followed by unexpected expenses (31 percent), covering monthly bills (31 percent), and paying off credit…The Fiscal Times
The Boeing Company (BA) delivered the newest and biggest version of its jumbo jet -- 747-8 Intercontinental -- to Korean Air.Zacks
Property, retail and banking tycoon Henry Sy whose conglomerate owns the chain of SM Supermalls in his country and China has retained the title of the Philippines' richest person for the eight consecutive ...Associated Press
Venezuela is seeking an emergency OPEC meeting to figure out how the cartel can stem...Business Insider