Just when it seems like volumes cannot get any lighter, stock and options volumes hit new lows. Yesterday was one of the lowest of the past year.
1. C - Citigroup touched $52 for the first time since mid-January, as financials continued to lead the latest move higher. Buyer of 13k of the Oct 55 calls for 0.38 in the morning. That line ended up trading over 30k at an average price of 0.41 on the day. C’s 52 week high is $55.28 from early January.
2. JNS - Trader rolled a put position from Sept to Oct, selling 30k of the Sept 12 puts at 0.265, and buying 40k of the Oct 11 puts for 0.30 to open. JNS has not traded below $11 since April. The stock is down 1% year-to-date.
3. LNG - Trader sold 8k of the Oct 75 calls at 5.30 to buy 14k of the Oct 80 calls for 2.875 to open, rolling a call position higher as LNG hit another new all-time high yesterday. The stock is up 80% year-to-date, and there are still about 2x as many calls as puts outstanding in the options market.
4. SM - Someone sold 20k of the Sept 75 puts at 0.30 to close, and bought 10k of the Oct 80 puts for 2.30 to open. SM is up 2% year-to-date.
5. DOW - Seller of around 4,426 of the Jan15 52.5 puts at 2.52 to buy 13,278 of the Jan15 57.5 calls for 0.84, traded midday. A total of about 6,500 of the puts and 20,000 of the calls traded in total. DOW’s all-time high is $56.75 from March 2005. The next earnings report is in late October.
6. PVH - Looks like another roll – the Sept 115 calls trade 16k at 6.40, and the Jan15 115 calls trade around 12k for 9.60, closing Sept and opening Jan15. PVH is down 13% year-to-date, but the stock has rallied 10% from its early August low.
7. TWTR - Stock closed at its highest level since March. Calls traded nearly 3x more than puts, with the Sept 50 calls the most active line, trading around 14k at an average price of $0.88. 30 day implied volatility bounced to 37 after hitting a 1 year low of 35 last week.
Recommended for You
A Brazilian restaurant you have probably never heard of is about to take over the US.Business Insider
This stock is an industry leader and has a dividend yield over 4%. See why the highest-yielding stock in Warren Buffett's portfolio is set to outperform.TheStreet.com
NEW YORK (AP) — Dan Fredinburg, a Google executive who described himself as an adventurer, was among the hundreds who died in a massive earthquake that struck Nepal on Saturday.Associated Press
Shares of Apple (AAPL) were up in morning trading Monday ahead of the tech giant's second-quarter earnings report after the market close.TheStreet.com
By Renee Maltezou and Deepa Babington ATHENS (Reuters) - Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras on Monday reshuffled his team handling talks with European and IMF lenders, a move widely seen as an effort to relegate embattled Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis to a less active role in negotiations. An…Reuters
Today's bell ringers at the NYSE are actors Robert Downey, Jr., and Jeremy Renner, stars of Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron," and at the Nasdaq, Zhengyu Wang, Tantech Holdings CEO.CNBC Videos
If your 401(k) plan is doing OK and your IRA is flushed out, you may think you're doing pretty well for retirement, especially compared to your parents who likely saved a small portion of what's sitting in your retirement account. The problem is, you need a lot more money than your parents did to…U.S.News & World Report
BERLIN/FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Ferdinand Piech, who resigned as chairman of Volkswagen over the weekend, sowed the seeds of his own demise by reneging on a deal to support CEO Martin Winterkorn and secretly plotting to oust him instead, according to sources close to the VW board. When news leaked out…Reuters
The great mind has some words of comfort for heartbroken tweens with an interest in theoretical physics.CNET
Fidelity manages 22 of the top 101 funds in 401(k) plans, second only to Vanguard's total of 31. None of the 22 Fidelity funds have been disasters, and a few have been strong performers. As part of our series on the best mutual funds for your 401(k) retirement savings, we took a closer look at the…Kiplinger
Sherman White loves to cruise around in the old convertible.USA TODAY
- Tan PhysicsSponsored
New self tanning formulas cause internet frenzy as millions flock to authentic...
If Robert Bowman hadn't casually mentioned his upcoming 65th birthday to a friend, he might have missed his window to sign up for Medicare.Los Angeles Times
The best financial position in the world is to be liquid when no one else is.USA TODAY
April 27 -- As Nepal struggles in the aftermath of a magnitude 7.8 earthquake on Saturday, nations around the world are providing aid as worries grow about the spread of water-borne diseases. Bloomberg’s Natalie Obiko Pearson reports on India and China’s role in the rescue efforts on “Bloomberg…Bloomberg Video
In Morgan Stanley's "We Are Full of Bull" note published this morning, Adam Parker and his team call for continued strength in U.S. stocks despite risks such as an economic slowdown .Bloomberg
Getting that sneak peak into our celebrities homes, checking out all the cool stuff they have and we wish we could have that was the life.
Question: What is a homestead exemption, how much is it for and what does it do? My sister owns a detached single-family home in a common interest development and has a homestead exemption. She told me ...Los Angeles Times
Brian Williams’ future as anchor of “NBC Nightly News” is still undecided, but it’s looking bleak.Los Angeles Times
Citigroup's Mukhtar Garadaghi and Nikhil Gupta explain why they cut Seadrill (SDRL) to Sell from Neutral: Despite a 40% drop in spot DW floater day rates over the last 12 months (to c. For Seadrill, at least 40% of the fleet is uncontracted in 2016, and we see downside risks to both earnings (Citi…Barrons.com