Options volume in the major macro ETFs was very light, as traders seem to have their positions set for today’s busy release calendar. TWTR was the standout in single stock options.
1. TWTR - Stock is trading up more than 25% in the pre-market after better than expected revenues and user growth. The tailwind of the World Cup was quite helpful for the second quarter, and sustaining that momentum will be crucial in the coming quarters. Options volume was around 4x the 1 month average yesterday. The Aug16th 45 calls were the most active line, trading over 30k at an average price of $0.58. The Aug16th 40 calls also traded over 20k times, at an average price of around $1.79.
2. DD - Very aggressive buyer of the Sept 67.5 calls early in the morning after the open, which likely caused the early morning move of 2.5% to the upside. DD closed the day up 1.35%, but implied volatility jumped 1.5 points. The Sept 67.5 calls ended up trading a total of 36k at an average price of $0.736. DD is up 2% year-to-date.
3. BKLN - Rarely traded ETF that seeks the investment results that correspond to the S&P/LSTA U.S. Leverage Loan 100 Index. Buyer yesterday of 65k of the Oct 24 puts for 0.15. BKLN last traded below $24 in June 2012. The average realized volatility over the past 2 years for BKLN is around 2.5, very, very low.
4. GRPN - Buyer of 27k of the Aug16th 6.5 calls for 0.41 near the close. GRPN reports earnings after the close on August 5th. The stock is down 46% year-to-date, and the implied move for the earnings event is around 15%.
5. IBB - Seller to close of 20,540 of the Aug16th 225 puts at 0.35. The buyer originally paid around $1 for the puts on July 11th. IBB realized volatility has picked up in July, with 10 day realized vol of 25 still above the 30 day implied vol level of 24. IBB is up 12% year-to-date.
6. EMC - The Jan15 30 calls traded over 25k at an average price of $1.39, mostly a buyer to open early in the session. EMC’s 5 year high is exactly $30 from March 2012. The stock is up 17% year-to-date.
Recommended for You
When she accepted the Democratic presidential nomination last night, one of the key points that Hillary Clinton made in her case against her Republican opponent, Donald Trump, is that the billionaire former reality television is too thin-skinned for the job. “Donald Trump can't even handle the…The Fiscal Times
Many experts consider China's currency and credit situation as the biggest global economic risk, not Britain's decision to leave the EU.Investopedia
One of the things that couldn’t fail to strike someone who watched the Republican Presidential primary with even a moderate amount of interest was Donald Trump’s obsession with numbers reflecting people’s interest in his candidacy. When Trump skipped a debate and the ratings for it fell in…The Fiscal Times
July 28 -- Mark Halperin and John Heilemann discuss the impact of Donald Trump’s controversial comments on the hack of the Democratic National Committee’s e-mails on “With All Due Respect.”Bloomberg Video
Chipotle, still struggling to win back customers after a series of food scares, plans to open its first burger restaurant this year. Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. already has its hands full trying to recover from the E. coli outbreak and norovirus cases that sent sales plunging starting last fall.…Associated Press
Learn how the "sandwich generation" can save for retirement while taking care of their kids and parents.Investopedia
Donald Trump is gunning for Hillary Clinton, and he’s now invited Russia to help him in the task. Assange told CNN Tuesday that his website may release “a lot more material” relevant to Clinton’s election campaign, which already appears to have been damaged by the site’s release of 20,000 emails…The Fiscal Times
Wynn Resorts Ltd., the casino operator founded by billionaire Steve Wynn, fell as much as 7.6 percent in late trading after saying its new $4.2 billion Macau resort will probably be allotted just 100 baccarat ...Bloomberg
Exercise can counter the dangers of an office job - if you're short of time, here are some moves you can do at your desk.BBC News
"If we are unable to obtain sufficient orders and/or market, production and other risks cannot be mitigated, we could record additional losses that may be material, and it is reasonably possible that we could decide to end production of the 747," Boeing said on Wednesday. Boeing said it had…Reuters
Here are some steps to take to ensure you have a good game plan when applying for a credit card.Credit.com
Crude oil prices' 20 per cent drop from their peak explainedFinancial Times Video
A Florida-based energy company announced an $18.4 billion deal on Friday that would give it an 80 percent stake in Texas' largest electric utility under an agreement that could eventually help resolve ...Associated Press
A sale of Interactive Intelligence would be the latest sign of the consolidation sweeping the telecommunications software and equipment industry, as rapid technological change and fierce competition force companies to seek more scale. Interactive Intelligence is working with boutique investment…Reuters
If Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer leaves the company, she will be able to take home more than double what the company originally reported. Fortune has reported that $122,578,795 is the most recent amount, citing ...Silicon Valley Business Journal
By Herbert Lash NEW YORK (Reuters) - Weak U.S. economic growth data knocked down the dollar and yields on U.S. government debt Friday, while Japanese government bond yields rose the most in eight years ...Reuters
U.S. July auto sales likely rose 2.4 percent from a year earlier, but full-year sales will not match last year's record, forecasters J.D. Power and LMC Automotive said on Friday. LMC now expects that 17.4 million new vehicles will be sold in all of 2016, down 0.1 percent from 2015. It would be the…Reuters
There's a rumor going around that ClassPass, a Google-backed fitness scheduling startup, is...Business Insider
Jim Cramer says when these two elements occur for a stock, the bulls will begin to dance.CNBC Videos