Some big prints in a variety of names as options traders re-focused on single names given that index volatility has declined.
1. WMB - 32k of the Nov 60 calls traded at 1.35 in the afternoon. Separately, later in the session, seller of 20k of the Aug16th 56 calls at 0.88. WMB’s high of the year is $59.68, and the stock is up 47% year-to-date. The next earnings report is likely to be in late October, and will be captured by November options.
2. AMAT - AMAT reports earnings after the close today. The options market is implying about a 4% move. Yesterday morning, the Jan15 22 calls traded 25k for 1.38, and the Jan15 24 calls traded 45k at 0.75. Also in the morning, but as a separate print, the Oct 22 calls traded 30k at 0.80. AMAT’s high of the year is $23.46.
3. BRCM - Saw a very large opening call sale when the stock was 37.64 – a trader sold 34,000 of the Nov 40 calls at 1.01. This is likely an overwrite against long stock, which would place the call-away level at 41.01 on Nov expiration, or up about 9%. BRCM’s next earnings report is in late October. The stock’s high of the year is $40.74.
4. RSG - Republic Services, a waste management company, broke out to a new all-time high in June, and set another new high yesterday. A trader sold 20k of the Jan15 40 calls at 0.65 to open, likely an overwrite against a long position. Over 30k traded on the session at an average price of 0.67.
5. CMCSA - Seller of 27k of the Oct 55 calls at 1.07 in the morning. In the afternoon, a 3-way traded, looks like a seller of 20k of the Jan16 45 puts at 2.40, to buy 20k of the Jan16 57.5 / 70 call spread for 2.92. CMCSA has stalled since January, even though the stock did make a slight new all-time high of $56.49 in late July.
6. MWE - Seller of 15k of the Sept 77.5 calls at around 0.66 in the morning. MWE’s all-time high is $76.83 from an intraday move on Tuesday of this week. MWE is up 13% year-to-date.
7. BIDU - BIDU has held up well after a breakout in July. Saw some call buying yesterday – trader pays 0.41 for 5,000 of the Aug16th 225 calls to open with stock 218.31. Over 12k traded on the session at an average price of 0.38. BIDU’s high after earnings is $229.60.
Recommended for You
From TED and the Aspen Ideas Conference to the Clinton Global Initiative, individuals and companies plunk down thousands of dollars to hobnob with the people who are setting the agendas in business, government and the culture. Few, however, can sit in a ballroom and listen to a panel on the Middle…The Fiscal Times
Former NFL defensive back Asante Samuel has sold his South Florida mansion -- with its $1-million swimming pool -- for $7.5 million.Los Angeles Times
Several presidential candidates have offered their thoughts and prayers to the victims and families affected by Thursday’s mass shooting at a community college in Oregon. A gunman, 26, opened fire at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon, killing nine and injuring seven others before he…The Fiscal Times
Question: My homeowner association board in our common interest development underestimates the severity of California's drought, and it fines and penalizes owners who comply with the state's water restrictions....Los Angeles Times
Insider buying continues to swamp insider selling, and ever since the markets started to sell off hard in late August that has been the case.24/7 Wall St.
Oct 2 -- In Greenville, South Carolina today, Jeb Bush, arguing against calls for gun control after the Oregon tragedy, said, "look, stuff happens, there’s always a crisis and the impulse is always to do something and it’s not always the right thing to do." At a White House news conference, ABC’s…Bloomberg Video
Expect Apple AAPL stock to nearly double in value and hit $200-a-share a year from now, say analysts at Drexel Hamilton in New York.TheStreet.com
The race for the next Speaker of the House received an unexpected surprise Friday when it was reported that Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) will make a late play for the gavel. Sources told Politico that the House Oversight and Government Reform chair is laying the groundwork for a bid against House…The Fiscal Times
Before you agree to serve as executor of an estate, educate yourself on how much work is involved and assess whether you're able to handle the job.CNBC
Wei Jiushan spends his day in a fantasy land, surrounded by rides, arcades, souvenir shops, bungee-jumping towers that look like six-story-high banyan trees and a small village of mushroom-shaped houses....Los Angeles Times
It's been a tough year so far for investors, with a wide variety of assets posting negative returns. In Goldman Sachs's latest quarterly chartbook, analysts point out that everything from gold to mutual ...Bloomberg
Negative equity, transaction and upgrade costs, and emotions can make downsizing a poor choice for many retirees, says contributor John Wasik.Morningstar
Recharacterizations may be another attractive strategy for investors who converted when everything was higher.Morningstar
Put down your torches, angry investor mob, Pete the Planner says.USA TODAY
The Detroit Free Press obtained a copy of one local's list of issues with the FCA deal.USA TODAY
Delta Air Lines Inc. is planning an unspecified number of job cuts among its 10,000 management and salaried employees in a move to boost productivity. The reductions will affect support roles such as human resources and communications, not front-line workers on planes, spokeswoman Ashley Black said…Bloomberg
Despite being one of the most heavily shorted companies trading on the NASDAQ Composite, Sirius XM has proven satellite radio is here to stay as it launches new growth initiatives to shore up its long-term future with connected cars and SXM17. This podcast was recorded on 09/14/2015.The Motley Fool Videos11 mins ago
Renewable-energy firm SolarCity announced Friday that it had developed the world's most efficient...Business Insider
In a post changing the company's operating structure, Google CEO Larry Page announced the creation of a new entity, known as Alphabet.TheStreet.com