New all-time high for the S&P 500 index, and VIX spot closed below 12 for the first time in nearly a month.
1. HTZ - Hertz traded its highest single day stock volume in its history. The stock was down more than 10% in the morning after the large guide lower, but ended down just 4% after Carl Icahn announced that he had amassed a 8.5% stake in HTZ. The Sept 25 puts were the most active line, with one large seller of 19k at 0.25 in the morning. 30 day implied volatility fell down to 35, its lowest level of the summer, after management finally shined some light on the long delayed earnings situation.
2. PBR - The Sept 18 calls trade 45k for 0.67 to open in the morning. PBR’s 52 week high is $17.97 from November. 30 day implied volatility remains elevated, around 45, which is near a 2 year high even though earnings is not for another 2 months. Options traders have been active in buying calls in the past month.
3. IYR - Rare trade in Jan16, as it looks like a buyer of 23,500 of the Jan16 45 puts for 0.65 to open. IYR last traded below $45 in 2010. IYR hit a new 52 week high this week, and is within 3% of its 5 year high of $76.21 from May 2013.
4. SUNE - Some call buying in the Aug22nd 20 strike weeklies, with 3700 being bought for 2.35 to open in the morning. SUNE is up 71% year-to-date, though the bulk of the gains came from January to March.
5. ADSK - Looks like a closing buyer of 8000 of the Oct 57.50 calls, which are bought for 1.18. There is 12,000 of open interest in the strike, and nearly 12k traded on the session. We discussed ADSK in Tuesday’s CotD post.
Recommended for You
Oppenheimer's Ari Wald says the combination of narrowing breadth and seasonal weakness could set up for a stock market pullback.CNBC
An Arizona man is accused of using his company credit card to pay for, tip and give gifts to strippers he befriended online.Credit.com
Puerto Rico Governor Alejandro Garcia Padilla shocked investors in June when he said the island's debt, totaling $72 billion, was unpayable and required restructuring. According to a 2014 bond offering statement, Puerto Rico has never defaulted on the payment of principal or interest of debt.…Reuters
Perhaps singer Chris Brown should consider getting out of real estate altogether and opt for hotel living.Los Angeles Times
All eyes on China. "Mad Money" host Jim Cramer wants you to look for a major discount on this stock if China tumbles.CNBC Videos
Jim Cramer goes over his game plan of stocks and events he will be watching next week, including this event that could send averages into a nosedive.CNBC
New York really is the most infested city in the country, at least according to a Bloomberg analysis of Census Bureau data on cockroach, mouse and rat sightings. Homes in Tampa, Fla., have the most roaches, and those in Seattle may have the most rats. Philadelphia houses had the most mouse…The Fiscal Times
The Pentagon awarded $4.83 billion in new defense contracts Wednesday -- all but $495 million of which was contained in one single award. The lucky winner of this award -- all $4.34 billion of it -- is ...Investopedia
Kansas reported Friday that it collected slightly less in taxes this month than expected, and officials attributed the $3.7 million shortfall largely to a national softness in consumer spending affecting ...Associated Press
Republicans in Congress have been working to kill the Iran nuclear deal almost before it was even completed and in the past week, a new strategy has emerged. Under the agreement negotiated in advance with Congress, the president will be able to commit the United States to the deal unless Congress…The Fiscal Times
There's more bad news for the coal industry. On Thursday, Bloomberg reported that the biggest...Business Insider
Ronda Rousey is the rare athlete who dominates her sport while transcending it. You might recognize her from a cameo in the recent “Entourage” movie, or maybe you read about her in The New Yorker. Or maybe you saw clips of her last fight — all 14 seconds of it. But in case you’ve beenFiveThirtyEight
How Puerto Rico's possible debt default may impact the global economy, with CNBC's Kate Kelly.CNBC Videos
Shares of ExxonMobil (XOM) have dropped more than 4% after releasing its earnings today. Citigroup's Alastair Syme and Fernando Valle explain why: ExxonMobil 2Q15 adjusted EPS of $0.88/share was well below ...Barrons.com
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his pediatrician wife, Priscilla Chan, are expecting a baby.Associated Press
WASHINGTON (AP) — Apartment rents are up. So are prices for restaurant meals, haircuts, gym memberships and a cup of coffee.Associated Press
They aren't afraid of credit cards but realize they're a double-edged sword.Money
There are a few key things to plan for when considering retirement. Here are some essential items.Forbes
In the last two months, foreigners net sold close to $10 billion of their portfolios in emerging Asia ex-China, data provided by Credit Suisse shows. Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand have "capitulated" ...Barrons.com