The market is on track for one of its lowest volume weeks outside of a holiday-shortened week in the past few years. Options volume yesterday was relatively light as well. (this post originally appeared on RiskReversal.com)
1. FB - FB hit a new all-time high, and options traded 3 times their average daily volume. The weekly 76 calls and weekly 75 calls were the most active lines. Outside of the weekly calls, the Aug16th 75 calls and Aug16th 75 puts both traded over 20k on the session. FB’s intraday high was $76.74, and the spot to watch on the downside is its March high of $72.59.
2. IP - Buyer of 21k of the Jan15 52.5 calls for 1.24 in the morning. Bloomberg obtained a July letter from the hedge fund Perry Capital which indicated that paper and packaging companies like IP, RKT, and KS should be MLP-eligible, which would be a huge boost for tax savings for investors in those companies. The options buyer made the purchase in the morning before the stock really got going (IP closed up 5.5%), and the Jan15 52.5 call line closed at $2.10. IP closed at its highest level since the year 2000. The stock’s all-time high is $60 from July 1997.
3. FOXA - Buyer of 30k of the Jan16 25 puts for 1.275. FOXA is trading near a 2 month low after the announcement of its pursuit of TWX. The stock last traded below $25 in February 2013.
4. AVP - AVP hit a new multi-year low yesterday. Nonetheless, there was a buyer of 25k of the Aug16th 14.5 calls for 0.25 in the afternoon. The company reports earnings before the open on July 31.
5. BA - Buyer pays 3.375 for 6,600 of the Jan15 115 puts, as BA hit a 3 month low yesterday on big volume. BA last traded below $115 on its breakout to a new all-time high in the fall of 2013. The stock is down 9% year-to-date.
Recommended for You
Independence Group NL agreed to buy Sirius Resources NL in a transaction valued at A$1.8 billion ($1.4 billion). The acquistion values Sirius at A$4.38 per share, according to a statement to the ASX, 35 ...Bloomberg
Question: My roommate and I have been living in an apartment for the past three years, splitting the rent. Last year, she was laid off, so we made an arrangement that she would handle most of the housework ...Los Angeles Times
Go-kart tracks and massive swimming pools, generally the star attractions at miniature golf courses and water parks, are just two of the many amenities found at a ranch property in San Diego County.Los Angeles Times
The secret to financial freedom.Money
Israel refuses to accept the consequences of a decision made by a Swiss court, demanding it to pay off an old $1.1bln. oil debt to current arch-enemy IranOilprice.com
It's one of the dark corners of American real estate that doesn't get much attention from consumers: When realty agents representing potential buyers don't like the commission split offered on a particular ...Los Angeles Times
Chuck Jaffe explains three ways Tibble vs. Edison International could change retirement savings.MarketWatch
The richest communities in the country are all quiet suburbs located within commuting distance of a major city.USA TODAY
To determine the most expensive wars, 24/7 Wall St. used a 2010 report from the Congressional Research Service titled "Costs of Major U.S. Wars."USA TODAY
Fewer auspicious days later this year compelled Ramesh Phalke, an auto company employee in Maharashtra, to hold his daughter's wedding in May. This bride was lucky because many other weddings will likely be postponed - to the dismay of the country's jewellers. Gold is an essential part of the…Reuters
“Having to do things like drill in the Arctic” and “deal with Mr. Putin” are some of the reasons hedge fund manager Jim Chanos said he’s “really negative” on integrated oil companies. “They’re replacing $20 oil with $80 oil, that’s the problem,” Chanos said in an interview on “Wall Street Week”…Bloomberg
LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — Nigeria's leading cellphone provider said Sunday it urgently needs diesel to prevent shutting down services countrywide — the latest business hit by a months-long fuel crisis in Africa's biggest oil producer.Associated Press
While you wait--and wait--for the Federal Reserve to raise interest rates, you can collect generous checks by investing in dividend stocks. The consulting and technology services firm has exceeded analysts' revenue forecasts for four consecutive quarters, as businesses invest in technology and look…Kiplinger
Greece called on the country’s creditors to compromise on demands to break an impasse over the release of funds for its cash-strapped economy as a deadline neared for payments due next month to the International ...Bloomberg
If you're wallet's getting bigger, take that cash and watch it grow.USA TODAY
- Daily DividendsSponsored
This Texas woman has developed an investing strategy unlike any other that allows her to collect a $1,382 in dividends monthly. Learn how she does it.
The gap between the prices for luxury handbags, watches and jewellery in Europe and in China is the biggest it has been for three years, as weakness in the euro upsets global pricing strategies for high-end ...Financial Times
Dear Liz: You recently mentioned in your column that you can't use any of the three education tax breaks — the American Opportunity Credit, the Lifetime Learning Credit or the tuition and fees deduction ...Los Angeles Times
It seems a little tasteless to be too upset about ISIS’s capture of the Syrian city of Palmyra. Its Greco-Roman ruins are rocks, after all, and tearing down antiquity pales beside ISIS’s other behavior, like throwing gay men off buildings and burning POWs alive. If ISIS wants to destroy Palmyra,…The Fiscal Times