The market is on track for one of its lowest volume weeks outside of a holiday-shortened week in the past few years. Options volume yesterday was relatively light as well. (this post originally appeared on RiskReversal.com)
1. FB - FB hit a new all-time high, and options traded 3 times their average daily volume. The weekly 76 calls and weekly 75 calls were the most active lines. Outside of the weekly calls, the Aug16th 75 calls and Aug16th 75 puts both traded over 20k on the session. FB’s intraday high was $76.74, and the spot to watch on the downside is its March high of $72.59.
2. IP - Buyer of 21k of the Jan15 52.5 calls for 1.24 in the morning. Bloomberg obtained a July letter from the hedge fund Perry Capital which indicated that paper and packaging companies like IP, RKT, and KS should be MLP-eligible, which would be a huge boost for tax savings for investors in those companies. The options buyer made the purchase in the morning before the stock really got going (IP closed up 5.5%), and the Jan15 52.5 call line closed at $2.10. IP closed at its highest level since the year 2000. The stock’s all-time high is $60 from July 1997.
3. FOXA - Buyer of 30k of the Jan16 25 puts for 1.275. FOXA is trading near a 2 month low after the announcement of its pursuit of TWX. The stock last traded below $25 in February 2013.
4. AVP - AVP hit a new multi-year low yesterday. Nonetheless, there was a buyer of 25k of the Aug16th 14.5 calls for 0.25 in the afternoon. The company reports earnings before the open on July 31.
5. BA - Buyer pays 3.375 for 6,600 of the Jan15 115 puts, as BA hit a 3 month low yesterday on big volume. BA last traded below $115 on its breakout to a new all-time high in the fall of 2013. The stock is down 9% year-to-date.
Recommended for You
Japan needs a weaker yen for its economy, but investors need a safe haven even more. Which one will win the day?CNBC
Markets braced for more upheaval, with new pain set to rain on the pound and the yuan tapping lows amid uncertainty after a weekend contemplating Brexit.CNBC.com
Markets hemorrhaged more than $2 trillion on Friday, according to data from S&P Global, the worst on record.CNBC
June 26 -- Former U.S. Treasury Secretary John Snow discusses his support of the Republican Party and presumptive nominee Donald Trump. He speaks with Bloomberg's David Gura on "Bloomberg Markets."Bloomberg Video
Oil prices dropped on Monday, extending sharp declines after Britain's vote to leave the European Union sparked a sharp selloff in global markets on Friday. Global financial markets plunged on Friday as results from a referendum defied bookmakers' odds to show a 52 percent to 48 percent victory for…Reuters
If 2016 is not one of the more weird years in financial markets, then what honestly is? Now we have an unexpected Brexit that threatens the future structure European Union to add to the mix. As if terrorism, ...247wallst.com
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Thousands of nurses returned to work Sunday at five Allina Health hospitals in the Minneapolis area following a seven-day strike mainly over the cost of their health insurance.Associated Press
Panama opened the long-delayed $5.4 billion expansion of its shipping canal amid cheering crowds on Sunday, despite looming economic uncertainty in the shipping industry and a heated battle over billions in cost overruns. At 7.50 a.m. (1250 GMT), the Chinese container ship "Cosco Shipping Panama"…Reuters
Democrats took important steps towards reconciling festering differences between former secretary of state Hillary Clinton and Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont on key domestic and foreign policy issues that could affect the course of the presidential campaign this fall. Sanders fell well short of…The Fiscal Times
Chinese biopharma talent is leaving the Valley for Shanghai.Bloomberg
It's a proposal that would unite two companies on shaky financial ground as they plow into relatively new markets. One makes electric cars, the other installs solar panels. There are few obvious synergies. ...Associated Press
More than 1.5 million Costco Wholesale customers who had questions about their new co-branded Visa cards were met with long wait times with Citigroup customer service early this week as almost 12 million ...Puget Sound Business Journal
An Institute of Directors survey suggests that a quarter of its members may freeze recruitment following the Brexit vote.BBC News
U.S. stock futures opened to the downside in early trading Sunday.CNBC.com
As many people around the world are trying to wrap their minds around what just happened in Britain, you may also be wondering "What does the Brexit mean for my money?"Associated Press
- Briefing.com31 mins ago
She now expects her son to give her expensive birthday gifts.MarketWatch
June 25 -- German Chancellor Angela Merkel signaled she wants to avoid punishing the U.K. as it leaves the European Union, though the exit talks “shouldn’t drag on forever.” “Great Britain will remain a close partner,” including through economic tiesand membership in the North Atlantic Treaty…Bloomberg Video
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Stocks tumbled in the Middle East on Sunday, the first day of trading since Britain voted to leave the European Union, following other market drops in the U.S. and worldwide.Associated Press
Years of breakneck growth for China's top insurers has been partly fuelled by a splurge on risky investment products that could punch multi-billion-dollar holes in their balance sheets if the slowing economy triggers heavy debt defaults. Industry premiums have increased by an average 13.4 percent a…Reuters