U.S. Markets closed

Key Updates in the Consumer Sector Last Week

Sue Miller
Key Updates in the Consumer Sector Last Week

Year-to-date, the S&P 500 Consumer Discretionary has risen 11.2%, outperforming the S&P 500 and the S&P 500 Consumer Staples, which have returned 3.9% and -11.5%, respectively. On June 4, Walmart (WMT) announced that Advent International would be investing in a majority stake in Walmart Brazil to strengthen the business and position it for long-term success. Advent is set to hold 80% of Walmart Brazil, while Walmart is set to control the remaining 20% upon regulatory approval in Brazil.