U.S. Markets closed

How Can the Acquisition of Sky Benefit Disney and Comcast?

Scarlett Ness
How Can the Acquisition of Sky Benefit Disney and Comcast?

Media giant Comcast (CMCSA) has been looking to acquire a 61.0% stake in London-based European pay-TV group Sky for ~$31.0 billion. Notably, 21st Century Fox (FOXA) already owns a 39.0% stake in Sky and wants to acquire the remaining 61.0% stake for $15.0 billion. Both Disney (DIS) and Comcast are competing for some of the assets of Fox, including its 39.0% stake in Sky.