U.S. Markets close in 4 hrs 14 mins

Why Analysts Are Recommending a ‘Buy’ for Altria Group

Ralph Nathan
Why Analysts Are Recommending a ‘Buy’ for Altria Group

Can We Expect an Upside Potential in Altria Stock? Of the 16 analysts covering Altria Group (MO), 62.5% are recommending a “buy” as of September 17, while the remaining 37.5% are recommending a “hold.” None of the analysts are recommending a “sell.” That same day, analysts set an average price target of $66.59, which represents a return potential of 6.7% from the stock price of $62.44. Since the announcement of Altria’s second-quarter earnings on July 26, Stifel and Jefferies have both lowered their target prices.