It’s been a big month for new exchange-traded products at Nasdaq (NDAQ) – six new ETP listings were added while there was 12 switches in April. This grew Nasdaq’s total ETP listings to 259.
The 18 new ETP listings include 12 First Trust ETP and Index switches of the AlphaDEX family representing approximately $6 billion in assets under management.
Salil Donde, Executive Vice President at Nasdaq, said interest and growth in its ETP platform was a clear signal from the market that Nasdaq offers an ideal home for issuers’ products to thrive.
“The continued vote of confidence from First Trust, BlackRock, Global X and Amplify underscores our commitment to our issuers, and we look forward to building on the partnership to help their products thrive and grow on Nasdaq,” Donde said.
Nasdaq was selected as the exchange of choice for six new ETF launches:
BlackRock launched a socially responsible ETF that invests around energy efficiency, sustainable water, sanitation, nutrition, and education; the fund began trading on April 22, 2016:
- iShares Sustainable MSCI Global Impact ETF (MPCT)
Amplify launched a retail and consumer focused ETF that aims to invest around online and virtual sales trends; trading began on April 20, 2016:
- Amplify Online Retail ETF (IBUY)
Global X launched a socially responsible ETF that adheres to the Socially Responsible Investment Guidelines as outlined by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops; the ETF began trading on April 19, 2016:
- Global X S&P 500 ® Catholic Values Index ETF (Nasdaq: CATH)
First Trust launched three new ETFs, actively managed by RiverFront Investment Group, LLC, which began trading on April 14, 2016:
- First Trust RiverFront Dynamic Europe ETF (RFEU)
- First Trust RiverFront Dynamic Asia Pacific ETF (RFAP)
- First Trust RiverFront Dynamic Developed International ETF (RFDI)
Trending on ETF Trends
In addition, First Trust switched the following 12 ETFs and their underlying indexes to Nasdaq; the switches officially took place April 8, 2016:
- First Trust Large Cap Core AlphaDEX® Fund (FEX)
- First Trust Large Cap Growth AlphaDEX® Fund (FTC)
- First Trust Large Cap Value AlphaDEX® Fund (FTA)
- First Trust Mid Cap Core AlphaDEX® Fund (FNX)
- First Trust Mid Cap Growth AlphaDEX® Fund (FNY)
- First Trust Mid Cap Value AlphaDEX® Fund (FNK)
- First Trust Small Cap Core AlphaDEX® Fund (FYX)
- First Trust Small Cap Growth AlphaDEX® Fund (FYC)
- First Trust Small Cap Value AlphaDEX® Fund (FYT)
- First Trust Multi Cap Growth AlphaDEX® Fund (FAD)
- First Trust Multi Cap Value AlphaDEX® Fund (FAB)
- First Trust Mega Cap AlphaDEX® Fund (FMK)
For more information on New ETFs, visit our New ETF category.