According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics data, all 10 of America’s highest-paying jobs for 2020 hover around the $100,000 mark for annual earnings.
The lowest-paying role in 2020’s top 10 is computer network architects at $98,000. Only 58% of all computer network architects have earned a bachelor's degree or greater.
The highest-earning job in America for 2020? Architects and building engineering managers take home an impressive $128,000 topping off the highest-earning median salary in the U.S.
STEM Career Fields Lead The Way
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields continue to dominate the rankings for the highest salaries.
Eight of the top 10 median earning mid-career salaries are STEM degrees.
The only two non-STEM career fields to make it into the top 10 highest salaries for 2020 are Lawyers ($106,000 median salary) and Chief Executive Officers ($124,000 median salary).
10 Highest Paying Jobs In America For 2020
The following are the highest-paying jobs in America, ranked by median salary.
- Computer network architects: $98,000; 58% Have Bachelor’s or Greater
- Software developers: $98,500; 85% Have Bachelor’s or Greater
- Aerospace engineers: $100,000; 87% Have Bachelor’s or Greater
- Computer systems managers: $103,000; 74% Have Bachelor’s or Greater
- Pharmacists: $105,000; 98% Have Bachelor’s or Greater
- Lawyers: $106,000; 98% Have Bachelor’s or Greater
- Doctors and Surgeons: $119,000; >99% Have Bachelor’s or Greater
- Dentists: $120,000
- Chief Executive Officers: $124,000; 70% Have Bachelor’s or Greater
- Architects and Building Engineering Managers: $128,000; 84% Have Bachelor’s or Greater
*All salaries reported represent median earnings for 2020.
Finding A New Career During COVID-10
Are you looking to learn more about personal finance and professional advancement? Be sure to check out our top guides and courses to help you plan your career and financial future. Included are Benzinga’s top business, technology and investing courses.
See more from Benzinga
- Warren Buffett Vs. Dave Portnoy: Who Would You Rather Have Run Your Portfolio?
- Should You Get Dental Insurance In 2020? Take Our Quiz And Learn How Dental Insurance Works
- 10 Fastest-Growing Cities In America Since 2010
© 2020 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.