For a short week, there's still a lot going on. Here's the news:
- Sony is also trying to disrupt the cable industry, but it's not working out very well so far.
- Here are some leaked photos of RIM's next BlackBerry phone on Verizon and AT&T.
- Buzzfeed is now valued at ~$200 million after raising a $19 million Series D round.
- Check out Ubuntu, the alternative smartphone operating system that will launch at the end of this year.
- Pinterest made its first acquisition.
- Apple is not going to buy mapping startup Waze, despite earlier reports.
- The FTC ruled Google isn't abusing its powers in search.
- Facebook Messenger lets you send brief voice messages to your friends.
- The Steve Jobs biopic starring Ashton Kutcher will be released in April.
- Barnes & Noble reported disappointing Nook sales over the holidays.
More From Business Insider