DUBLIN, Jan. 15, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The "The A to Z's of HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Rules" conference has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This session is designed to provide intensive, two-day training in HIPAA compliance, including what's new in the regulations, what's changed recently, and what needs to be addressed for compliance by covered entities and business associates.
The session provides the background and details for any manager of healthcare information privacy and security to know what are the most important privacy and security issues, what needs to be done for HIPAA compliance, and what can happen when compliance is not adequate.
Audits and enforcement will be explained, as well as privacy and security breaches and how to prevent them. Numerous references and sample documents will be provided.
Day one sets the stage with an overview of the HIPAA regulations and then continues with the presentation of the specifics of the Privacy Rule, recent changes to the rules, and the basics of the Security Rule.
Overview of HIPAA Regulations
- The Origins and Purposes of HIPAA
- Privacy Rule History and Objectives
- Security Rule History and Objectives
- Breach Notification Requirements, Benefits, and Results
HIPAA Privacy Rule Principles, Policies, and Procedures
- Patient Rights under HIPAA
- Limitations on Uses and Disclosures
- Required Policies and Procedures
- Training and Documentation Requirements
Recent and Proposed Changes to the HIPAA Rules
- New Penalty Structure
- New HIPAA Audit Program
- New Patient Rights
- New Obligations for Business Associates
HIPAA Security Rule Principles
- General Rules and Flexibility Provisions
- The Role of Risk Analysis
- Security Safeguards
- Training and Documentation
Day two begins with a detailed examination of HIPAA Security Rule requirements and what must be done to survive audits by the US Department of Health and Human Services, including an examination of how risk analysis can be used to drive compliance by the systematic examination of information flows and mitigation of risks discovered, and an exploration of the official HHS HIPAA Audit Protocol, including how to use the protocol to help manage your compliance work and its documentation.
Finally, the day concludes with a session on the essential activities of documenting policies, procedures, and activities, training staff and managers in the issues and policies they need to know about, and examining compliance readiness through drills and self-audits.
HIPAA Security Policies and Procedures and Audits
- HIPAA Security Policy Framework
- Sample Security Policy Content
- Recommended Level of Detail for Policies and Procedures
- The New HIPAA Compliance Audit Protocol
Risk Analysis for Security and Meaningful Use
- Principles of Risk Analysis for Information Security
- Information Security Management Process
- Risk Analysis Methods
- Risk Analysis Example
Risk Mitigation and Compliance Remediation
- Typical Security Risks
- Social Media, Texting, e-mail, and Privacy
- Dealing with Portable Devices and Remote Access
- Compliance Planning
Documentation, Training, Drills, and Self-Audits
- How to Organize and Use Documentation to Your Advantage
- Training Methods and Compliance Improvement
- Conducting Drills in Incident Response
- Using the HIPAA Audit Protocol for Documentation and Self-Auditing
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/a5nqhr
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/2-day-training-on-the-a-to-zs-of-hipaa-privacy-security--breach-notification-rules-raleigh-nc-united-states---february-18th-19th-2020-300987517.html
SOURCE Research and Markets