- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
In this article we are going to present our list of the 25 best quotes from Albert Einstein. Click to skip ahead and jump to the 10 best quotes from Albert Einstein.
Albert Einstein is easily one of the most famous and influential people in the 20st century. Considered to be among the most accomplished physicists in history, Einstein is perhaps most famous for developing the theory of relativity. Conscious that this article does not become a science lecture, I won't go into the details but suffice to say the theory of relativity has completely transformed theoretical physics and astronomy, and the equation E = mc² is said to be the most famous equation in the world.
The world is indebted to the great scientist, for the laws discovered by Einstein are in action today in the scientific wonders and technologies made by companies like Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (NYSE: J), Aecom (NYSE: ACM), Boeing Co (NYSE: BA), Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE: LMT) and Fluor Corp (NYSE: FLR).
While his brilliance has led to him winning the Nobel Prize in physics in 1921, Einstein's fame is not just because of his unparalleled genius, but because of his personality, thoughts, and influence on the philosophy of science. Even now, Einstein is considered to be a synonym for brilliance, indicating the influence that the man has had on the world for over a century.
When you think of physicists, you imagine people in a stuffy lab working round the clock and not caring about anything else. But Einstein was a man of varied interests. And when you see a man so brilliant and yet still full of life, it is important to preserve his thoughts on various different topics.
With that in mind, we have compiled a list of some of the best quotes of Albert Einstein, starting with number 25:
Best Quotes from Albert Einstein
25. "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
This doesn't mean to engage in anarchy but that critical thinking is necessary. If you simply believe in authority even when they're wrong, then no one will stop them from carrying out atrocities, something which we see more and more of every day.
24. "Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."
To the great man, outwardly success has no meaning. Rather, every man should live by his values and uphold them regardless of the circumstances.
23. "I am by heritage a Jew, by citizenship a Swiss, and by makeup a human being, and only a human being, without any special attachment to any state or national entity whatsoever."
Einstein was not a religious man, nor was he a nationalist. He was a man who believed in the basics of ethics, universally accepted by every religion.
22. "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better."
Reflecting with nature has got to be one of the best past times anyone can engage in.
21. "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."
If everyone is biased in their beliefs, then they will simply engage in confirmation bias, rather than critically analyze the evidence and go where it takes them. The reason why Einstein strived to understand the essence of things is why we enjoy the technological marvels of modern companies like Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (NYSE: J), Aecom (NYSE: ACM), Boeing Co (NYSE: BA), Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE: LMT) and Fluor Corp (NYSE: FLR).
20. "I believe in standardizing automobiles. I do not believe in standardizing human beings."
Standardization inhibits and discourages critical thinking which itself is a basic necessity for growth.
19. "It is, in fact, nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry."
Einstein is completely critical of the education system today, which is standardized and and does not encourage critical thinking.
18. "The world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it."
One of the most timeless quotes and among the best quotes from Albert Einstein, Einstein here calls out those who may not be directly engaging in evil, but are still permitting it. This quote ranks 18th in our list of best quotes from Albert Einstein.
17. "Concern for man and his fate must always form the chief interest of all technical endeavors. Never forget this in the midst of your diagrams and equations."
According to Einstein, the reason behind all endeavors should be to help man and mankind. Einstein helped mankind through science. The laws of physics which have their roots in his theory of relatively have applications in products and services of various companies like Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (NYSE: J), Aecom (NYSE: ACM), Boeing Co (NYSE: BA), Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE: LMT) and Fluor Corp (NYSE: FLR). This quote ranks 17th in our list of best quotes from Albert Einstein.
16. "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence."
All top scientists are driven by curiosity; their curiosity leads them to pursuing questions and trying to find their answers. Once you stop asking questions, your drive and growth will decline too. This quote ranks 16th in our list of best quotes from Albert Einstein.
15. "The years of anxious searching in the dark, with their intense longing, their alternations of confidence and exhaustion, and final emergence into light—only those who have experienced it can understand that."
Einstein, in this quote, talks about the feeling of research finally leading to enlightenment, and tries to capture than intense moment. As you can see, he has a way not just with numbers, but with words. This quote ranks 15th in our list of best quotes from Albert Einstein.
14. "He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
This is something I personally agree with completely. Life is only worth living if you are willing to have new experiences, willing to be open-minded and willing to be completely taken in awe by new things. If everything feels the same, then you're not living, just surviving. This quote ranks 14th in our list of best quotes from Albert Einstein.
13. "Hail to the man who went through life always helping others, knowing no fear, and to whom aggressiveness and resentment are alien."
Einstein has always talked about how to help humans, and how that is the core of living. In this quote, he mentions qualities which he believes deserve respect. This quote ranks 13th in our list of best quotes from Albert Einstein.
12. "Out yonder there was this huge world, which exists independently of us human beings and which stands before us like a great, eternal riddle, at least partially accessible to our inspection and thinking. The contemplation of this world beckoned like a liberation."
Einstein on what attracted him to the world and the universe, and basically what brought him to his profession and accomplishments. This quote ranks 12th in our list of best quotes from Albert Einstein.
Copyright: vantuz / 123RF Stock Photo
11. "Nature shows us only the tail of the lion. But there is no doubt in my mind that the lion belongs with it even if he cannot reveal himself to the eye all at once because of his huge dimension."
The information and understanding we have of nature and the universe is nothing compared to what actually exists out there. Einstein's propensity to ponder over nature's secrets led him to the scientific breakthroughs because of which we enjoy technology and products made by modern companies like Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (NYSE: J), Aecom (NYSE: ACM), Boeing Co (NYSE: BA), Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE: LMT) and Fluor Corp (NYSE: FLR).
To see the rest of the quotes go to 10 Best Quotes from Albert Einstein.
Disclosure: No stakes in Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (NYSE: J), Aecom (NYSE: ACM), Boeing Co (NYSE: BA), Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE: LMT), Fluor Corp (NYSE: FLR). 25 best quotes from Albert Einstein is originally published at Insider Monkey.