- End-to-end digital dentistry portfolio drives precision, productivity, and efficiency for dental labs and clinics of every size
- Industry leaders realize productivity improvements up to 90% faster than milling with 3D Systems' NextDent™ 5100 dental 3D printer
ROCK HILL, S.C., March 6, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, 3D Systems (DDD), the leading additive manufacturing solutions company, announced it will demonstrate how it enables dental professionals to achieve industry-leading results at the International Dental Show (IDS) 2019. The company will present its digital dentistry portfolio, including the multi-award winning NextDent™ 5100 which enables dental professionals to realize benefits, such as productivity increases of as much as 90%.
"When 3D Systems introduced this solution a little over a year ago, we were confident in its ability to redefine digital dentistry," said Rik Jacobs, vice president, general manager, dental, 3D Systems. "It is very rewarding to see the industry embrace the NextDent 5100, and to be joined by clinicians and key opinion leaders who want to share the stories of their successes here at IDS 2019. From denturists to highly-regarded educators, everyone is experiencing the transformational power of this solution."
- Dr. Michael Scherer, prosthodontist (California), says the capabilities of the NextDent 5100 remove logistical barriers to treatment for his patients. "The NextDent 5100 enables me to do things in my office – like expedited dentures – that I couldn't do before, and it's having a real impact on my patients' lives. I frequently have patients who break teeth right before a big trip or life event, and with the NextDent printer I can now offer treatment in the same afternoon versus the temporary patches that are common practice using conventional techniques." Dr. Scherer has been able to reduce denture production and delivery timelines from five or six visits to one or two, which enhances the overall patient experience through expedited delivery of accurate, esthetic restorations.
- Core3Dcentres Benelux, a premier milling and 3D printing center located in Maartsensdijk, Netherlands, currently is running three NextDent 5100 3D printers to produce crowns and bridges. Sebastiaan Cornelissen, CEO, Cordent and Core3Dcentres Benelux, noted that prior to incorporating 3D printing into his center's workflow, it faced a big challenge with turnaround time. "The NextDent 5100 has given us the power to dramatically reduce the build time of a model from as much as six hours down to 25 minutes. As a result, we've been able to scale production in-house, as opposed to outsourcing, which has the added benefit of reducing costs associated with shipping models."
- With the NextDent 5100, Matt Mills, owner, Hybrid Technologies (Florida) has expanded the indications his lab can offer its clients, and can do so more economically. Mills is now able to produce palatal jigs for temporaries - an integral component for full arch edentulous cases where the patient does not have teeth for the dentist to index the placement of the immediate temporary restoration. "The traditional process to produce a palatal jig required a tall milling puck that is expensive for small labs. Even then, the jig would not fit depending on how deep the palate is, often making 3D printing the only option." Mills can 3D print palatal jigs on the NextDent 5100 at less than half the cost of milling. "Offering shell temps with a palatal jig is probably one of the biggest and most profitable parts of my lab."
- Germen Versteeg, denturist and owner, DTL Mediaan (Netherlands), has increased productivity and reduced cost. "Prior to using the NextDent 5100, it took our clinic at least four hours to mill an upper and lower denture. We can produce these on the NextDent 5100 in as little as one hour, which improves productivity and reduces overall labor cost. The combination of improved speed and reduced material requirements lowers our total cost of operation."
- Professor Dr. Daniel Wismeijer, ACTA – University of Amsterdam, received a NextDent 5100 five months ago at the Dental School. "Our production time has been vastly reduced with the NextDent 5100. We can now print our drill guides and provisional restorations within one hour. Having provisional restorations for full mouth rehabilitations printed so quickly – and exactly according to the final restoration design – affords patients the opportunity to evaluate the long-term esthetics and function before producing the final device. I believe the NextDent 5100 – with its ability to produce precise devices in a short amount of time - will convince more and more dental professionals of the importance of 3D printing in our industry."
Attendees at IDS 2019 will have the opportunity to speak with Dr. Michael Scherer, Sebastiaan Cornelissen, Matt Mills, Germen Versteeg, and Professor Dr. Daniel Wismeijer in 3D Systems' booth located in Hall 4.1 Stand F098 at the Messe Cologne in Germany. In addition to the NextDent 5100, attendees can learn more about 3D Systems' complementary solutions for digital dentistry including: FabPro™ 1000, DMP Dental 100, and ProJet® MJP 2500 Plus. For more information, please visit the company's website.
Certain statements made in this release that are not statements of historical or current facts are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the company to be materially different from historical results or from any future results or projections expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. In many cases, forward looking statements can be identified by terms such as "believes," "belief," "expects," "may," "will," "estimates," "intends," "anticipates" or "plans" or the negative of these terms or other comparable terminology. Forward-looking statements are based upon management's beliefs, assumptions and current expectations and may include comments as to the company's beliefs and expectations as to future events and trends affecting its business and are necessarily subject to uncertainties, many of which are outside the control of the company. The factors described under the headings "Forward-Looking Statements" and "Risk Factors" in the company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as other factors, could cause actual results to differ materially from those reflected or predicted in forward-looking statements. Although management believes that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, forward-looking statements are not, and should not be relied upon as a guarantee of future performance or results, nor will they necessarily prove to be accurate indications of the times at which such performance or results will be achieved. The forward-looking statements included are made only as the date of the statement. 3D Systems undertakes no obligation to update or review any forward-looking statements made by management or on its behalf, whether as a result of future developments, subsequent events or circumstances or otherwise.
About 3D Systems
More than 30 years ago, 3D Systems brought the innovation of 3D printing to the manufacturing industry. Today, as the leading additive manufacturing solutions company, it empowers manufacturers to create products and business models never before possible through transformed workflows. This is achieved with the Company's best-of-breed digital manufacturing ecosystem - comprised of plastic and metal 3D printers, print materials, on demand manufacturing services and a portfolio of end-to-end manufacturing software. Each solution is powered by the expertise of the company's application engineers who collaborate with customers to transform manufacturing environments. 3D Systems' solutions address a variety of advanced applications for prototyping through production in markets such as aerospace, automotive, medical, dental and consumer goods. More information on the company is available at www.3dsystems.com.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/3d-systems-to-showcase-transformational-power-of-its-digital-dentistry-portfolio-at-ids-2019-300807273.html