This is a key week for big cap earnings reports. Over 600 companies are reporting, among them a big chunk of the S&P 500.
This includes several of the technology and social media giants, including a member of the FAANG.
Surprisingly, some of the tech companies have great earnings surprise track records.
It’s not easy to beat every quarter, or nearly every quarter, for 5 years, yet these big technology companies are doing it while also facing enormous pressure to stay at the top of their game.
Beating every quarter is a combination of great management, which communicates well with analysts, and sheer luck.
Can they do it again this quarter?
5 Top Big Tech Earnings Charts
1. Twitter TWTR hasn’t missed since Zacks data began in 2016. That’s an impressive streak. Many of its beats have been large beats as well. Of course, revenue growth still plays a big factor in social media companies. Can Twitter keep its 2019 momentum?
2. Snap SNAP hit a low at the end of 2018 and has come roaring back, gaining 164% year-to-date. But is the good news now priced in? It has only missed once since its 2017 IPO.
3. Amazon AMZN is coming off a miss last quarter but the Street has never really cared about Amazon’s earnings surprise track record in the past. Shares are treading water in 2019. Will this earnings report provide a catalyst?
4. Microsoft MSFT has the best chart of all of big tech. Shares are up 36% year-to-date and are trading near 5-year highs. Microsoft has only missed on earnings one quarter in the last 5 years. Will it see another break out this quarter?
5. Lam Research LRCX has brushed off fears of a global recession in 2019. Shares are up 75% year-to-date. It also has a tremendous earnings surprise track record. It hasn’t missed in 5 years. Impressive. It’s already trading at new 5-year highs, can it push even higher?
[In full disclosure, the author of this article owns shares of AMZN and MSFT in her own personal portfolio.]
7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days
Just released: Experts distill 7 elite stocks from the current list of 220 Zacks Rank #1 Strong Buys. They deem these tickers “Most Likely for Early Price Pops.”
Since 1988, the full list has beaten the market more than 2X over with an average gain of +24.50% per year. So be sure to give these hand-picked 7 your immediate attention.
See them now >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Snap Inc. (SNAP) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Lam Research Corporation (LRCX) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research