LONDON, April 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
- 62 Yellow Pencils awarded
- 732 Pencils awarded in total
- United States top the tally of highest number of Pencils awarded for the first time
The 55th D&AD Professional Awards Ceremony took place tonight (27 April) in London, where 5 Black Pencils were awarded - the highest accolade in the creative industry.
Black Pencil awarded work:
- 'We're the Superhumans' by 4Creative for Channel 4/Paralympics (Film Advertising) - United Kingdom
- 'We're the Superhumans' by Blink for Channel 4/Paralympics (Film Advertising Craft) - United Kingdom
- 'Meet Graham' by Clemenger BBDO Melbourne for Transport Accident Commission Victoria (PR) - Australia
- 'The Swedish Number' by INGO Stockholm for The Swedish Tourist Association (Direct) - Sweden
- 'DOT. The first Braille Smartwatch' by Serviceplan/Serviceplan Korea for Dot Incorporation (Digital Design) - Germany
In total, 733 Pencils were awarded during D&AD 2017. The number of Pencils awarded by level are as follows:
- Black Pencil - 5 Pencils
- Yellow Pencil - 62 Pencils
- Graphite Pencil - 180 Pencils
- Wood Pencil - 485 Pencils
D&AD CEO Tim Lindsay commented: "What an outstanding year for creativity. Five Black Pencils, all hugely deserving of the Award. What unites them is a clear desire to create a better world, whether it's promoting diversity, safety or inclusivity but what is really fantastic is that they win this coveted award for their craft. Proof that creativity as a force for good lives outside of a single category but has become an all-encompassing theme.
"For the first time ever, the United States is the country taking home the most number of Pencils. In fact, the top of the country rankings is comprised of countries from across Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa, reminding us that D&AD is a truly global organisation, encouraging and awarding talent from around the world."
Clemenger BBDO Melbourne was crowned the Most Awarded Advertising Agency of 2017, winning 16 Pencils, including 10 for its Meet Graham campaign.
Studio Sutherl& is the Most Awarded Design Agency, winning eight Pencils overall, including two Yellow.
For the first time ever, the United States has topped the country rankings.
1st: United States - 182 Pencils
2nd: United Kingdom - 164 Pencils
3rd: Australia - 54 Pencils
- Clemenger BBDO Melbourne
- Studio Sutherl&
- The New York Times Magazine
- Landor Paris
- Somesuch x Anonymous
- Channel 4
Contact: Matt Gurr, email@example.com