Earnings season is finally here. Yes, that means the big banks are kicking it off but there are also a handful of other companies reporting this week that will provide interesting insight into what the rest of earnings season might look like.
You might even consider some of these companies to be bellwethers for the economy.
Several of these 5 companies also have outstanding earnings track records, with meets or beats for several years in a row. That’s not easy to do.
Another issue in the mix this earnings season is the tariffs. What will they say about the them?
Will we see a bigger impact from the tariffs this quarter than the prior ones?
Watch these five companies this week to find out.
5 Earnings Charts to Kick Off Earnings Season
1. Helen of Troy HELE has beat on earnings 11 quarters in a row. Shares have finally broken out in 2018, up 37% year-to-date. Can it keep up its recent momentum?
2. Fastenal FAST is a bellwether for the manufacturing and construction industries. It had a solid quarter last quarter which pushed shares up to 5-year highs. Will it still be bullish about the economy?
3. Walgreens Boots WBA is now a Dow component. It hasn’t missed since 2014 but shares have struggled. With Amazon Go launching and CVS acquiring Aetna, where does this leave Walgreens?
4. Delta DAL is the first of the airlines to report earnings. When crude plunged, the airlines were in the golden period with strong demand and low costs. But with crude at 4-year highs, are the good times over?
5. Commerce Bancshares CBSH has the best chart of them all this week. Shares of this Kansas City-based bank busted out to new highs in 2017 and 2018 but they have now pulled back even though the Fed is still raising rates. Is it a hidden gem?
Looking for Stocks with Skyrocketing Upside?
Zacks has just released a Special Report on the booming investment opportunities of legal marijuana.
Ignited by new referendums and legislation, this industry is expected to blast from an already robust $6.7 billion to $20.2 billion in 2021. Early investors stand to make a killing, but you have to be ready to act and know just where to look.
See the pot trades we're targeting>>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Delta Air Lines, Inc. (DAL) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Commerce Bancshares, Inc. (CBSH) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Fastenal Company (FAST) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Helen of Troy Limited (HELE) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (WBA) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research