Most of the S&P 500 has reported, but they don’t make up the entire stock market. There are still over 600 companies expected to report this week and another 300+ companies next week, including many big retailers.
Don’t worry. If you’re one of those who loves the action of the earnings season, there’s still plenty more to come.
It’s not easy for companies to beat every quarter. It’s only a select few who can be this consistent.
Here are 5 that have been able to do it:
1. Kroger KR is coming off a rare miss last quarter. Perhaps the pressure to beat is now off?
2. Burlington Stores BURL hasn’t missed since its 2013 IPO but it’s a retailer. And even worse, it’s in apparel. Can shares keep surging?
3. American Outdoor Brands AOBC is best known by its former name of Smith & Wesson. The gun maker has a perfect 5-year record but the bigger challenge appears to be a downdraft in gun sales since Trump won the election. Watch for comments on 2017 sales.
4. Wingstop WING hasn’t missed since its 2015 IPO. 2015 was the year of the restaurant IPO but things have been a bit rocky for most of the companies since then. Watch same-store sales.
5. Ulta Beauty ULTA reports next week but I couldn’t resist including it here. It’s the beast of the retail industry with the highest comps in the industry. It has only missed once in 5 years but the real question is, is it priced for perfection and what happens if we don’t get that?
What else should you know about these earnings charts? Tune into the short video to find out.
Want to Learn How to Trade Options?
If you want more guidance on the options trades this earnings season, Dave Bartosiak takes you through the trades on Zacks Live Trader.
Do not miss Dave’s analysis of the Shake Shack options trade below:
Everything You Need to Know About Snapchat BEFORE It Goes Public
You may be curious about the buzz surrounding Snap Inc.'s IPO on March 2. With the company expected to be valued around $22 billion, it is expected to be the largest IPO since 2014. But should you snap up this tech stock on Day 1?
In the 2017 IPO Watch List, you'll get an inside look at Snap's exciting prospects and potential challenges. You'll also learn about 4 other exciting tech companies with jaw-dropping growth. Each could go public in the coming months.
Imagine being in the first wave of investors to jump on a company with almost unlimited growth potential? This Special Report gives you the latest scoop. Download this IPO
Watch List today for free >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Shake Shack, Inc. (SHAK): Free Stock Analysis Report
Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc. (ULTA): Free Stock Analysis Report
Kroger Company (The) (KR): Free Stock Analysis Report
Wingstop Inc. (WING): Free Stock Analysis Report
Burlington Stores, Inc. (BURL): Free Stock Analysis Report
American Outdoor Brands Corporation (AOBC): Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research