Earnings season isn’t over yet even though most of the S&P 500 has now reported. There are over 550 companies expected to report this week including many mid-cap superstars.
It’s not easy to beat every quarter, or nearly every quarter, for five years but several of these companies are doing that.
It takes a combination of great management, which knows how to communicate well with Wall Street analysts, as well as a bit of luck to keep the streak alive.
Only a couple dozen companies have earnings beats records that are this good.
That’s what makes these five true earnings all-stars.
5 Spectacular Earnings Charts
1. Exact Sciences Corp. EXAS has missed only twice in the last five years. The maker of Cologuard, the colon cancer screening test, has been on a tear the last few years with revenue expected to rise another 86% in 2020. It’s come down off its recent all-time highs. Is this a buying opportunity?
2. Shopify, Inc. SHOP hasn’t missed since Zacks data began in 2017. Shares continue to hit new all-time highs almost daily. The company has a nose bleed P/E of 544. It’s one of the hottest charts on the Street. Can it maintain this momentum?
3. CME Group CME hasn’t missed in 5 years. Impressive. During that streak, shares have gained 124%, outperforming the S&P 500 which is up just 58.8% during that time. It’s looking to bust out to another new high. Is this a hidden gem?
4. Cisco Systems, Inc. CSCO hasn’t missed since Zacks data begins in 2016. That’s a great track record of this older Silicon Valley stalwart. With a forward P/E of just 15 and a dividend yielding 2.9%, is Cisco a deal?
5. Applied Materials, Inc. AMAT hasn’t missed in 5 years either. That’s another impressive streak especially considering the ups, and downs, in the semiconductor industry. Shares are busting out to new 5-year highs, having gained 60% in the last year. Can it keep this momentum?
Zacks Top 10 Stocks for 2020
In addition to the stocks discussed above, would you like to know about our 10 finest buy-and-hold tickers for the entirety of 2020?
Last year's 2019 Zacks Top 10 Stocks portfolio returned gains as high as +102.7%. Now a brand-new portfolio has been handpicked from over 4,000 companies covered by the Zacks Rank. Don’t miss your chance to get in on these long-term buys.
Access Zacks Top 10 Stocks for 2020 today >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Applied Materials, Inc. (AMAT) : Free Stock Analysis Report
CME Group Inc. (CME) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Exact Sciences Corporation (EXAS) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Shopify Inc. (SHOP) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research