Earnings season isn’t over yet. While there are only about 50 companies expected to report this week, and another 40 to report next week, the list includes some big technology and retail names that are going to draw attention.
Many of these companies have great track records of beating on earnings.
It’s not easy to beat nearly every quarter for several years. These companies have been doing that even amidst downturns in their industries.
It takes a combination of good management and great communication with the analysts about the outlook to have great earnings track records.
Can these five companies keep their earnings streaks alive?
5 Hot Earnings Charts
1. Burlington Stores BURL has one of the best charts in all of retail and even on the Street. It hasn’t missed in 5 years. Impressive. And that’s during some rough times in the retail industry. Will the shares break out on this report?
2. StitchFix SFIX hasn’t missed since its 2017 IPO but it’s been a wild ride with a big 2018 sell off. Shares are off those lows, however, but can they hold the gains?
3. Ulta ULTA has only missed once in the last 5 years. It used to be the king of retailers with rare double digit comparables. But that success has a price as year-over-year comparisons are now more difficult. Shares are testing the 5-year highs. Will this report get them there?
4. Cloudera CLDR hasn’t missed since its 2017 IPO but shares recently traded at new lows at the end of 2018. But like a lot of stocks, it has had a big rebound in 2019. Will it keep it?
5. Broadcom AVGO hasn’t missed since Zacks records began in 2015. After a big run up in the shares, they treaded water for most of 2018 but are trying to break out again. Will this report take them to new highs?
Today's Best Stocks from Zacks
Would you like to see the updated picks from our best market-beating strategies? From 2017 through 2018, while the S&P 500 gained +15.8%, five of our screens returned +38.0%, +61.3%, +61.6%, +68.1%, and +98.3%.
This outperformance has not just been a recent phenomenon. From 2000 – 2018, while the S&P averaged +4.8% per year, our top strategies averaged up to +56.2% per year.
See their latest picks free >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Broadcom Inc. (AVGO) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Burlington Stores, Inc. (BURL) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Ulta Beauty Inc. (ULTA) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Cloudera, Inc. (CLDR) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Stitch Fix, Inc. (SFIX) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research