Earnings season really starts heating up this week with the first of the “FANG” stocks to report, plenty of Dow Industrial components, and a lot of banks.
It’s easy to get overwhelmed but never fear. Tracey has gone through the charts and picked out only the best so you don’t have to.
It’s not easy for a company to beat the estimate every quarter for years. There are only a few dozen that can manage to do it. It’s that rare. When you see it, you should sit up and take notice.
Here are a few of the best to start off this week. Will they be able to keep their track records this quarter?
5 of the Hottest Charts to Start the Week
1. Celanese (CE) is one that actually doesn’t have a perfect record. But it’s been very consistent since its last miss in 2013.
2. Netflix (NFLX) is the first of the “FANG” stocks to report. It has the best earnings surprise track record out of them all, with no misses over the last 5 years. Traders look at more than just the beat/miss with Netflix however, so you’ll want to watch subscriber growth and other metrics.
3. Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) just keeps beating and shares are trading near a 5-year high. Is there anything that can stop it?
4. UnitedHealth Group (UNH) has one of the best charts on Wall Street. Who says Obamacare has been all bad? It certainly hasn’t been for the health insurers.
5. Goldman Sachs (GS) has missed just once in the last 5 years. It used to be the darling of investors before the Great Recession but then went into the doghouse. However, shares have broken out since the election. Is it returning to darling status again?
Want to Learn How to Trade Options?
If you want more guidance on the options trades this earnings season, Dave Bartosiak takes you through the trades on Zacks Live Trader.
Did Dave get it right on lululemon, which reported two weeks ago?
Join him for all of the options trading action this earnings season. Don’t miss a single trade.
The Best & Worst of Zacks
Today you are invited to download the full, up-to-the-minute list of 220 Zacks Rank #1 "Strong Buys" free of charge. From 1988 through 2015 this list has averaged a stellar gain of +26% per year. Plus, you may download 220 Zacks Rank #5 "Strong Sells." Even though this list holds many stocks that seem to be solid, it has historically performed 6X worse than the market. See these critical buys and sells free >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Netflix, Inc. (NFLX): Free Stock Analysis Report
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): Free Stock Analysis Report
Celanese Corporation (CE): Free Stock Analysis Report
Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The) (GS): Free Stock Analysis Report
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (UNH): Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.