Earnings season is ending but not before the retailers have their say.
This week only about 170 companies are reporting but among them are some of the biggest names in retail.
Despite all the doom and gloom around the retailers, many of them have excellent earnings surprise track records. And they’re doing it in an industry that has seen its fair share of ups and downs over the last 5 years.
Not only are the retailers dealing with the fickle consumer, there’s also the trade war tariffs to contend with.
Yet some have perfect earnings track records.
Will they do it again?
This Week’s Hottest Retail Earnings Charts
1. Tiffany TIF shares have recently gone the wrong way, falling 11% over the last month on worries about luxury sales. Still, it has a great track record of beating, having done so since 2016. Will another beat turn this one around?
2. Five Below FIVE has been a Wall Street darling over the last 2 years. Shares are up 139% over that time period. It also has a great earnings surprise track record as it hasn’t missed since 2016 either. Shares hit new highs earlier in the year. Will another beat bring back the momentum?
3. PVH PVH hasn’t missed in 5 years which is impressive. However, the Street has completely turned its back to the company. Shares are down 55% over the last year and now trade with a forward P/E of just 6.8. Is it really that bad?
4. Ollie’s Bargain Outlet OLLI hasn’t missed since its 2015 IPO. Impressive. It was also once a darling of the Street but shares are actually down 3.1% over the last year thanks to the big December 2018 sell-off. Can it regain momentum?
5. Burlington Stores BURL is coming off its first miss in 5 years. Over the last 2 years the shares are up 99.4% but year-to-date they’re up just 6.9%. Will it get back on the right track with another beat this quarter?
More Stock News: This Is Bigger than the iPhone!
It could become the mother of all technological revolutions. Apple sold a mere 1 billion iPhones in 10 years but a new breakthrough is expected to generate more than 27 billion devices in just 3 years, creating a $1.7 trillion market.
Zacks has just released a Special Report that spotlights this fast-emerging phenomenon and 6 tickers for taking advantage of it. If you don't buy now, you may kick yourself in 2020.
Click here for the 6 trades >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Ollie's Bargain Outlet Holdings, Inc. (OLLI) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Burlington Stores, Inc. (BURL) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Tiffany & Co. (TIF) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Five Below, Inc. (FIVE) : Free Stock Analysis Report
PVH Corp. (PVH) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.