Earnings season picks up steam with over 300 companies reporting this week including the first of the FAANG stocks in Netflix.
But which charts are the hottest?
That’s a big list as many companies are hitting new all-time highs. But how many also have great earnings surprise track records?
These 5 companies are the best this week. One of them hasn’t missed in five years and is also trading near 5-year highs.
Can they keep their momentum?
5 Hottest Earnings Charts This Week
1. Whirlpool Corp. WHR has beat 11 quarters in a row as appliances remain red hot during the pandemic. Shares are up 18% year-to-date but are off their highs as some worry that the housing boom may be cooling. Shares are still dirt cheap, with a forward P/E of just 9.2.
2. Abbott Laboratories ABT is coming off its first miss in 5 years. But it still has an amazing earnings track record, even with the rare miss. Shares are up 8.6% year-to-date. It’s not cheap, though, with a forward P/E of 27. Is it priced for perfection?
3. Domino’s Pizza, Inc. DPZ has beat 2 out of the last 4 quarters, including last quarter. Shares are up 24% year-to-date to new all-time highs. It has been a big pandemic winner as consumers have eaten at home. But at 37x forward earnings, is it too hot to handle?
4. Danaher Corp. DHR hasn’t missed in 5 years. That’s an impressive record with an ongoing pandemic. Shares are up 27% year-to-date and are at a 5-year high. It’s trading at 32x. Is valuation an issue?
5. Pool Corp. POOL has beat 8 quarters in a row including 3 huge beats the last 3 quarters as it cashed in on pandemic demand for pools and other outdoor merchandise. Shares have gained 21% year-to-date but are off the recent highs. Can it continue to post this red-hot growth?
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Abbott Laboratories (ABT) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Dominos Pizza Inc (DPZ) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Danaher Corporation (DHR) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Pool Corporation (POOL) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Whirlpool Corporation (WHR) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research