Earnings season continues to heat up. This week about 500 companies, including some of the hottest growth companies, are reporting.
But there are also many interesting companies in hot industries, like social media and casinos, reporting this week.
How are those industries handling this crisis?
Each is facing challenges due to the coronavirus. Some will see bigger recoveries and others will be seeing additional set-backs.
Several of these companies have excellent earnings track records over the last 5 years.
Will they beat again in Q2 even with the huge coronavirus impacts in the quarter?
5 Must-See Earnings Charts This Week
1. Snap SNAP has only missed twice since its 2017 IPO, but one of those misses was last quarter. It didn’t matter for the shares, which have rallied 52% year-to-date. SNAP is looking to take out its IPO price. Yes, shares are still underwater. Will it do it on this report?
2. iRobot IRBT hasn’t missed since Zacks records began in 2017. That’s impressive. Shares have rallied 69% year-to-date but remain well below the 2019 all-time highs. Can it keep this momentum?
3. Lithia Motors LAD has beat 3 out of the last 4 quarters. Shares have surged to new 5-year highs on the strength of new and used car sales. Consumers are buying cars so they don’t have to take public transportation and risk exposure to COVID-19. Shares are up 19% year-to-date. How much higher can they go?
4. Las Vegas Sands LVS has beat the last 2 quarters but shares remain down 30% year-to-date as the travel and leisure industry continues to struggle. Is this a buying opportunity?
5. Honeywell HON has only missed one time in the last 5 years and it was in early 2016. That’s impressive. Shares have bounced off their coronavirus lows but are still down 12.5% year-to-date. Is it a hidden gem?
More Stock News: This Is Bigger than the iPhone!
It could become the mother of all technological revolutions. Apple sold a mere 1 billion iPhones in 10 years but a new breakthrough is expected to generate more than 27 billion devices in just 3 years, creating a $1.7 trillion market.
Zacks has just released a Special Report that spotlights this fast-emerging phenomenon and 6 tickers for taking advantage of it. If you don't buy now, you may kick yourself in 2021.
Click here for the 6 trades >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Honeywell International Inc. (HON) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Lithia Motors, Inc. (LAD) : Free Stock Analysis Report
iRobot Corporation (IRBT) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Snap Inc. (SNAP) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research