- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Earnings season heats up this week with over 450 companies, including over 30% of the S&P 500, expected to report.
While several of the FANGMAN stocks, and FAANG, are among those reporting, there are companies in other non-tech sectors that should also be at the top of your “watch” list.
These 5 companies represent prominent industries that will benefit as the global economy reopens after the coronavirus pandemic ends.
Some of them have already been red-hot in 2020.
Will they continue to be big winners in 2021?
5 Must-See Large Cap Earnings Charts
1. Lam Research Corp. LRCX has an amazing earnings surprise track record. It is an investor favorite among the semiconductor fans, and for good reason. It has only missed once in the last 5 years and it was in 2020, during the pandemic. Shares have recently busted out to new 5-year highs and are up 70.6% in the last year. But are they due to cool off?
2. Edwards Lifesciences EW has a great earnings surprise record. It has only missed twice in the last five years. Shares hit new 5-year highs to start 2021 but are up just 12.6% over the last year. It trades with a forward P/E of 40. Is valuation a problem?
3. United Rentals URI is the largest rental equipment company in North America. With all the talk of an infrastructure plan in 2021, the shares have taken off, adding 55% in the last year. It has an incredible earnings surprise track record with a nearly perfect 5-year record. The last miss was at the start of 2016. With a forward P/E of just 14.9, it’s the cheapest stock among these five.
4. The Sherwin-Williams Company SHW is in one of the hot pandemic areas: paint. Shares have soared in the last year, gaining 29%, and hitting new 5-year highs. It has put together 3 big beats in a row. But shares aren’t cheap, with a forward P/E of 27. Is there more gas left in the tank?
5. Caterpillar Inc. CAT broke out of its multi-year trading range and hit 5-year highs in 2020. Shares have gained 37% over the last year. It has put together beats in 3 out of the last 4 quarters. With the global economy re-opening, is this the time to jump into this large cap equipment maker?
Zacks Top 10 Stocks for 2021
In addition to the stocks discussed above, would you like to know about our 10 best buy-and-hold tickers for the entirety of 2021?
Last year's 2020 Zacks Top 10 Stocks portfolio returned gains as high as +386.8%. Now a brand-new portfolio has been handpicked from over 4,000 companies covered by the Zacks Rank. Don’t miss your chance to get in on these long-term buys.
Access Zacks Top 10 Stocks for 2021 today >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
The SherwinWilliams Company (SHW) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Caterpillar Inc. (CAT) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Edwards Lifesciences Corporation (EW) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Lam Research Corporation (LRCX) : Free Stock Analysis Report
United Rentals, Inc. (URI) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research