This article was originally published on ETFTrends.com.
At Schwab IMPACT 2019 in San Diego Nov. 4-7, Northern Trust executive vice president and chief investment strategist Jim McDonald uncovered key investment themes and tactical opportunities to inform advisors and investors asset allocation decisions over the next five years.
McDonald discussed the key economic and market themes, return forecasts, and tactical opportunities that are driving the firm’s most important asset allocation decisions.
During this practical application session, McDonald covered:
- Strategic and tactical considerations around growth, inflation, and interest rates
- Current risk cases and their potential impact on portfolios
- Five-year return forecasts for global asset classes
McDonald's practical approach to implementing investment strategy has successfully guided the firm through historic bull and bear markets and is relied upon by investors worldwide.
He chairs the Northern Trust Tactical Asset Allocation Committee, is a member of the Investment Policy and Private Equity Investment Committees, and is trustee of the Northern Trust Alpha Strategies and Equity Long/Short Strategies Hedge Funds.
Prior to joining Northern Trust in 2001 as the Director of Equity Research, McDonald was Director of Equity Research at ABN AMRO in New York and Chicago (1994-2000) and Equity Research Analyst at ABN AMRO following the Environmental Services Industry (1990-1994). He started his professional career in 1981 with Arthur Andersen & Co. in Detroit.
McDonald received a BBA from the University of Michigan and an MBA degree with high distinction from Babson College. He is a member of the CFA® Society of Chicago and a registered CPA in the State of Michigan.
POPULAR ARTICLES AND RESOURCES FROM ETFTRENDS.COM
- SPY ETF Quote
- VOO ETF Quote
- QQQ ETF Quote
- VTI ETF Quote
- JNUG ETF Quote
- Top 34 Gold ETFs
- Top 34 Oil ETFs
- Top 57 Financials ETFs
- Healthcare ETFs Are Top Performers for October
- IndexIQ September 2019 Commentary
- Market Volatility And Trade Headlines Keep Investors Guessing
- Fidelity Is the Latest to Join Shift to Zero Commissions
- Esports Player Banned From Tournament for Getting Political