Earnings season is winding down and that means we’re hearing from the retailers.
A parade of some of retails most successful companies will be reporting earnings this week.
As we saw last week, the China/US trade war was a big topic on the retail conference calls.
I’m expecting a repeat of those trade questions again this week, especially if the retailer actually does business in China.
From outerwear to beauty to furniture and home goods, these companies are some of the best at beating the estimate.
They are earnings all-stars.
Can they keep their great track records?
These 5 Retailers are Earnings All-Stars
1. Canada Goose GOOS hasn’t missed on earnings since it’s 2017 IPO. Impressive. Shares hit new highs in 2018 and are still trying to regain momentum. Will this earnings report be enough to push them to a new breakout?
2. PVH PVH owns global brands Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger. It has only missed once in the last 5 years and it was all the way back in 2014. It has big business in China. Is that too risky with the trade war?
3. Burlington Stores BURL has one of the best 5-year charts in retail. It hasn’t missed on earnings in 5 years but shares have stalled out in a narrow trading range this year. Will another earnings beat propel these shares higher once again?
4. Ulta ULTA is the king of the retailers as it has set a new standard over the last few years with double digit comparables. It has only missed once in the last 5 years. Shares have taken off in 2019, busting out to new all-time highs. Is it priced for perfection?
5. Williams-Sonoma WSM has only missed twice in the last 5 years and the last miss was in 2016. But after seemingly breaking out in 2018, the shares have reversed back into a narrow trading range. With worries over the 25% tariffs dominating the furniture companies, can Williams-Sonoma reassure investors?
[In full disclosure, the author of this article owns shares of ULTA and WSM in her personal portfolio.]
The Hottest Tech Mega-Trend of All
Last year, it generated $8 billion in global revenues. By 2020, it's predicted to blast through the roof to $47 billion. Famed investor Mark Cuban says it will produce ""the world's first trillionaires,"" but that should still leave plenty of money for regular investors who make the right trades early.
See Zacks' 3 Best Stocks to Play This Trend >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Canada Goose Holdings Inc. (GOOS) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Burlington Stores, Inc. (BURL) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (WSM) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Ulta Beauty Inc. (ULTA) : Free Stock Analysis Report
PVH Corp. (PVH) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research