Annual CSR Awards Attract Record Number of Nominations
BANGKOK, June 21, 2017 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- A total of 57 CSR programmes across Asia were selected as recipients of the Asia Responsible Entrepreneurship Awards 2017. The annual awards are the largest and most important awards for corporate social responsibility (CSR) in Asia, and are held in rotation among key Asian cities, with this year's ceremony held in Bangkok, Thailand.
Organized by Enterprise Asia, the awards honor Asian businesses for championing sustainable and responsible business practices, demonstrating companies' leadership and on-going commitment in incorporating responsible and ethical values, compliance, investment in stakeholders, involvement in communities and protection of the environment into the way they run their businesses.
Over 300 submissions from 14 countries were received this year. The panel of judges, led by former Minister of Environment and Foreign Affairs of Taiwan, Dr. Eugene Chien, sieved through the submission over a three-month judging period. Besides being able to demonstrate the design and execution of sound and effective CSR programs, nominees are required to demonstrate the extent that CSR practises have been institutionalized within their organisations and the measurable impact of their programs to people, community and environment.
Dato' William Ng, president of Enterprise Asia said, "the quality of this year's submission is outstanding. It was a truly monumental task to decide on the best, as every submission was of very high quality – demonstrating the expertise and capability of the region's CSR practitioners. This is a far cry from when we first started giving out the awards in the year 2009. Much thought has been given to impact and measurability, as a result of increased reporting requirements".
Tan Sri Dr Fong Chan Onn, chairman of Enterprise Asia, and former Minister of Human Resources and founding chairman of Sustainable Energy Development Authority of Malaysia, presented the awards to recipients.
This year's Asia Responsible Entrepreneurship Awards are sponsored by Bangchak Corporation PLC as title sponsor and Universal Harvester Inc. and A.P. Honda Co., Ltd as platinum and silver sponsor respectively.
Responsible Business Leadership
- Mr Lee Chang-Ken, President of Cathay Financial Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Advanced Micro Device (AMD), Inc. – 25x20 Energy Efficiency Initiative
- Better World Green Public Company Limited – Industrial Waste To Green Energy
- Cathay Financial Holdings Co., Ltd. – Green Finance Promoting Project
- CTBC Financial Holdings Co., Ltd. – Green Management on Sustainable Environment
- Haycarb PLC – Haritha Angara
- Hettigoda Industries Pvt. Ltd., - Herbal Garden Program In School
- Malaysian Mosaics Sdn Bhd – Innovating Sustainable Water Management in Tile Manufacturing
- Phinma Energy Corporation – HELP Earth Environment
- Prosperous Capital and Credit Limited – Haritha Lowak
- Siloso Beach Resort – Siloso Beach Resort
- Thanh Thanh Cong Group Corporation – Green & Win-Win
- Apex Circuit (Thailand) Co., Ltd – Spread Love Via Blood
- BDO Foundation Inc. – Improving the Delivery of Healthcare Services in the Philippines
- PT Combiphar – COMBI HOPE Healthy Living Education
- CTBC Financial Holdings Co., Ltd. – Power Walking Tour for Three Generations of Your Family
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited – Glenmark Foundation's flagship Child Health Project – Project Kavach
- FrieslandCampina (Hong Kong) Limited – World Milk Day 2016
- PT Japfa Comfeed Indonesia Tbk – JAPFA4KIDS
- Pacific SOGO Department Stores, Co., Ltd. – SOGO's "Food and Beverage Safety Network" : Ensuring Consumer's Food Safety
- Sanyei Corporation, - Supporting JMSS Activity
- Taiwan Star Telecom Co., Ltd – Roll Your Eyes
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt Ltd – Sanitation: A Behavioural Change Demonstration
- PT Bhimasena Power Indonesia – Community Empowerment through Social Mitigation Program
- Boon Rawd Brewery Co., Ltd. – 100 Singha Sufficient School
- British American Tobacco Bangladesh Company Limited – IPM (Integrated Pest Management) Club
- China Mengniu Dairy Co., Ltd. – University of Ranchers CSR Project
- CJ CGV Vietnam Co., Ltd – Movie for Everyone
- CTBC Financial Holdings Co., Ltd. – Taiwan Dream Project – The Project That Provides Educational and Nutritional Services for Children in Remote Communities.
- Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company Of Vietnam, Ltd – Million Bricks For A Happy Life
- Fubon Life Insurance Co., Ltd. – Caring for the Elderly with Dementia
- FrieslandCampina (Hong Kong) Limited – New Generation Milk Tea Master Training Program 2016
- FWD Life Insurance Public Company Limited – FWD in Partnership with PWD
- Holcim Philippnes Inc. – Foster a Child's Education
- Kanrich Finance Limited – Kanrich Thaksalawa
- Novaland Investment Group Corporation – Linking Hearts
- Pacific SOGO Department Stores, Co., Ltd. – SOGO Children's Charity Events: Bridging the Gap of our M-Shaped Society.
- PT Pembangkitan Jawa Bali – Akademi Komunitas PJB
- Phinma Energy Corporation – PUNLA Kabuhayan
- Puritas Pvt. Ltd. - "Going Beyond" Empowering Rural Communities
- S&P Syndicate Public Company Limited – Kitchen for Kids
- Sarawak Energy Berhad – Sarawak Energy's CSR Journey for the Penan Community in Murum
- Selangor Dredging Berhad – One-Two-Wash
- Sinyi Realty Inc. – Corporate Ethics Built on Social Trust
- Thoresen Thai Agencies Public Company Limited – Doing Good, Stop Bullying
Investment In People
- AirAsia Berhad – AirAsia Allstars
- AP (Thailand) Public Company Limited – The Unusual Football Field
- ARC Refreshments Corporation -ARC Young Leaders Camp
- Dipped Products PLC - FirstLight
- IRPC Public Company Limited – IRPC Cubic Academy
- MGM China Holdings Limited – Unleashing Greatness – Employee Development and Employee Work-Life Balance.
- Novaland Investment Group Corporation – Nova Leadership Centre
- Plaza Premium Group – Plaza Premium Group CSR Education Programme in Collaboration with The New York Times
- Takahata Precision India Pvt Ltd – "WOW" – Worthy & Outshining Women
- Thai Life Insurance Public Company Limited – Yes Club
- Thai Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. – Samsung Smart Learning Center
- Platinum Group Public Company Limited – The Platinum Empowering SME's
Media Contact: Kaucy Raymond, Enterprise Asia, 60378030312, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com