The world is undergoing an unprecedented event, and it can be difficult to cope with such a drastic change. Maybe your anxiety is heightened or you feel triggered. Maybe you are sitting with fear. Or perhaps you aren’t feeling anything at all.
You might be trying to keep yourself busy, making facemasks or delivering groceries. You may have no choice but to stay busy, homeschooling your kids or keeping up with your classes. You could be a healthcare worker or someone who’s on the front lines, battling COVID-19 head-on. Or maybe you are currently wrapped in a blanket burrito because the world feels too heavy for anything else. No matter what your life looks like right now, we want you to know that you’re not alone.
When faced with uncertainty, there is no right way to feel or act. That’s why The Mighty partnered with PostSecret to show that everyone is dealing with the pandemic differently and that’s OK.
Attend the virtual ‘Secrets of The Pandemic’ event hosted by Frank Warren from PostSecret. Tune into The Mighty’s Mental Health Facebook page on Thursday, 4/9/20, at 1 p.m.PT/4 p.m.ET:
In the meantime, here are six “pandemic secrets” from the PostSecret community:
- “I’m trying real hard to NOT do this: PANIC.”
- “Check on your friends. Seriously, do it.”
- “My job is to help those who are hurting. [But] I don’t know who to tell I’m hurting too.”
- “30 years old male. About to grab a beer and take a bubble bath. It was a rough day.”
- “Our country is on lockdown. Today I was diagnosed with stage 4 cervical & ovarian cancer. I’m 30 and terrified that treatment will be delayed/won’t happen due to COVID-19.”
- “I thought this pandemic would confirm for the world the coward I really am. But actually, it’s showing me how I can be brave.”
Share your own “pandemic secret” on The Mighty by clicking the photo below:
Or submit your secret to Frank by mailing a postcard to PostSecret: