This article originally appeared on Arrest Your Debt and has been republished with permission.
Many people dream of being financially stable and leading a comfortable lifestyle. This lifestyle involves buying fine things in life and traveling the world without worrying about being broke. Essentially, this is what financial freedom entails. This post lists the top 61 financial freedom quotes and the steps you need to achieve your own financial freedom.
What Is Financial Freedom?
So, what is financial freedom? Per MoneyFit, financial freedom means having sufficient investments, savings, and cash to fund your desires without having to work. In other words, you have enough income to pay for your living expenses.
With financial freedom, you can afford to do things you like and choose a career path you're passionate about rather than your choices being driven by salary. Once you attain financial independence, you do not depend on others to survive.
Top 61 Financial Freedom Inspirational Quotes
These financial freedom quotes will inspire you and help you get on the path to living the life you deserve. Attaining financial freedom is an admirable goal that can make you a respectable member of the public. It gives you the freedom to do things you love.
It's prudent to commit yourself to lifelong learning about methods of making money, especially passively. Also, you must tweak your mental and emotional intelligence in a way that helps you accumulate more wealth.
Manoj Arora Financial Freedom Quotes
1. "To achieve what one percent of the world's population has (Financial Freedom), you must be willing to do what only one percent dares to do. Hard work and perseverance of highest order."
2. "The struggle for financial freedom is very unfair. Just look at the rewards."
3. "Financial Freedom is less about financials and more about freedom."
4. "You can make excuses and earn sympathy, or you can make money and earn admiration. The choice is always yours…"
5. "You do pay a price for your financial freedom, but it is far lesser than what you pay for a lifetime of slavery."
Robert Kiyosaki Financial Freedom Quotes
1. "Financial freedom is mental, emotional, and education process."
2. "More important than how we achieve financial freedom is the why. Find your reasons why you want to be free and wealthy."
3. "To obtain financial freedom, one must be either a business owner, an investor or both, generating passive income, particularly on a monthly basis."
4. "Financial freedom is available to those who learn about it and work for it."
5. "Financial freedom is freedom from fear."
6. "Financial independence is about having more choices."
7. "If you want to be financially free, you need to become a different person than you are today and let go of whatever has held you back in the past."
8. "The philosophy of the rich and the poor is this: the rich invest their money and spend what is left. The poor spend their money and invest what is left."
9. "The key to financial freedom and great wealth is a person's ability or skill to convert earned income into passive income and/or portfolio income."
Suze Orman Financial Freedom Quotes
1. "When you understand that your self-worth is not determined by your net-worth, then you'll have financial freedom."
2. "A big part of financial freedom is having your heart and mind free from worry about the what-ifs of life."
Dave Ramsey Financial Freedom Quotes
1. "Financial peace isn't the acquisition of stuff. It's learning to live on less than you make, so you can give money back and have money to invest. You can't win until you do this."
2. "You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you."
3. "I believe that through knowledge and discipline, financial peace is possible for all of us."
4. "If you will make the sacrifices now that most people aren't willing to make, later on you will be able to live as those folks will never be able to live."
Jim Rohn Financial Freedom Quotes
1. "To become financially independent, you must turn part of your income into capital; turn capital into enterprise; turn enterprise into profit; turn a profit into an investment, and turn the investment into financial independence."
2. "Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune."
3. "To become financially independent you must turn part of your income into capital; turn capital into enterprise; turn enterprise into profit; turn profit into investment, and turn investment into financial independence."
4. "If you are not financially independent by the time you are forty or fifty, it doesn't mean that you are living in the wrong country or at the wrong time. It simply means that you have the wrong plan."
Other Inspirational Financial Freedom Quotes
1. "Pursuing your passion is fulfilling and leads to financial freedom" – Robert G. Allen
2. "Financial freedom is the power to produce wealth and not necessarily having wealth."– Stephen Covey
3. "Your economic security does not lie in your job; it lies in your own power to produce – to think, to learn, to create, to adapt. That's true financial independence. It's not having wealth; it's having the power to produce wealth." – Stephen Covey
4. "Real wealth is not about money. Real wealth is: not having to go to meetings, not having to spend time with jerks, not being locked into status games, not feeling like you have to say 'yes,' not worrying about others claiming your time and energy. Real wealth is about freedom." – James Clear
5. "Working because you want to and not because you have to is financial freedom."– Tony Robbins
6. "You either master money, or, on some level, money masters you." – Tony Robbins
7. "The secret to wealth is simple: Find a way to do more for others than anyone else does. Become more valuable. Do more. Give more. Be more. Serve more." – Tony Robbins
8. "Money is a terrible master but an excellent servant." – PT Barnum
9. "Financial fitness is not a pipe dream or a state of mind. It's a reality if you are willing to pursue it and embrace it." – Will Robinson
10. "Rich people believe 'I create my life.' Poor people believe 'Life happens to me.'" – T. Harv Eker
11. "My definition of financial freedom is simple: it is the ability to live the lifestyle you desire without having to work or rely on anyone else for money." – T. Harv Eker
12. "To get rich, you have to be making money while you're asleep." – David Bailey
13. "Wealth is the ability to fully experience life." -Henry David Thoreau
14. "At least eighty percent of millionaires are self-made. That is, they started with nothing but ambition and energy, the same way most of us start." – Brian Tracy
15. "Money is something we choose to trade our life energy for." – Vicki Robin
16. "The goal isn't more money. The goal is living life on your terms." – Chris Brogan
17. "I don't believe in spending money lavishly, now that I'm making money." – Ansel Elgort
18. "If you're saving, you're succeeding." – Steve Burkholder
19. "Financial planning and discipline is key to one's financial freedom." – Kishorkumar Balpalli
20. "Millions wish for financial freedom, but only those that make it a priority have millions." – Oscar Auliq-Ice
21. "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." – Mark Twain
22. "The speed of your success is limited only by your dedication and what you're willing to sacrifice." – Nathan W. Morris
23. "Every time you borrow money, you're robbing your future self." – Nathan W. Morris
24. "Financial security and independence are like a three-legged stool resting on savings, insurance, and investments." – Brian Tracy
25. "The habit of saving is itself an education; it fosters every virtue, teaches self-denial, cultivates the sense of order, trains to forethought, and so broadens the mind." – T.T. Munger
26. "The secret to creating lasting financial change is to decide to pay yourself first and then make it automatic." – David Bach
27. "Financial peace of mind is not determined by how much we make, but is dependent upon how much we spend." – Marvin J. Ashton
28. "Money won't create success, the freedom to make it will." – Nelson Mandela
29. "The best thing money can buy is financial freedom." – Rob Berger
30. "Don't tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I'll tell you what you value." – Joe Biden
31. "Too many people spend money they earned to buy things they don't want to impress people that they don't like." – Will Rogers
32. "Whatever your income, always live below your means." – Thomas J. Stanley
33. "You don't need to raise money. You need to be smart and be focused." – Mark Cuban
34. "Now I will tell thee an unusual truth about men and sons of men. It is this: That what each of us calls our 'necessary expenses' will always grow to equal our incomes unless we protest to the contrary." – George Samual Clason
35. "That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest." – Henry David Thoreau
36. "Wealth is not about having a lot of money; it's about having a lot of options." – Chris Rock
37. "Never depend on a single income. Make an investment to create a second source." – Warren Buffett
Steps to Become Financially Free
1. Figure Out Your Financial Freedom Number
One of the vital steps in achieving financial freedom is determining the amount of money you require to become financially free. You can use the four percent rule discussed above. Financial freedom number is the amount of money you need to pursue your passions and live freely.
2. Address Financial Fear
Limiting beliefs about money can affect anyone. For instance, some people think they can never be wealthy because they were born into poverty. Do you believe you can't be financially free because you're not smart or talented enough? Once you figure out your limiting fears, replace them using assuring and empowering beliefs that you can achieve financial freedom.
3. Take a Deep Look into Your Finances
Financial problems will not disappear into thin air because you're earning more. You need to take a hard look into your finances and see the messes you need to clean up. For instance, do you have credit card loans that attract massive interest? If you have debts attracting high interest, most of your earning will go into offsetting the loans.
What It Really Means to Have Financial Freedom
1. You Don't Live from Paycheck To Paycheck
Many people live from paycheck to paycheck, meaning they can't cater for unforeseen situations. According to a US household Economic well-being report, 40 percent of American households don't have enough finances to cover $400 emergency expenses. Building an emergency fund is the first step towards financial freedom. These include paying off credit card debts.
2. Enjoy Life and Save
Earning enough income to do things you enjoy and save brings a sense of relief. If you have money to enjoy life and extra cash to save, you're most likely financially free.
3. You Can Afford to Quit Your Job (Temporarily)
When you're financially free, formal employment becomes an option. This means that you can decide to quit your job or take some time off without worrying about financial consequences. While you don't have to quit your job, it's a great relief knowing you can quit any time you desire.
4. Freedom of Time
Financial independence and freedom of time go hand in hand. When you have financial freedom, you're not trapped in the rat race. This means you can afford to follow your passion and spend more time with your family without having to worry about running out of money.
5. Enough Funds to Retire Comfortably
Some people detest their jobs and, therefore, can't wait to retire as soon as possible. Financial freedom means you have passive income streams to pay your expenses and retire comfortably. For instance, you may dream of traveling the world after retirement.
Without a doubt, everyone desires to achieve financial freedom. So, achieving financial freedom means that your passive income streams to support your current lifestyle without working another day in your life. The good news is that you can attain financial freedom by developing a savings plan, investing early in life, and living within your means. Ultimately, you could enjoy a life you've always desired.