Featuring pioneers from inside and out of healthcare, Thrive Global Insights Lounge, #HealthEverywhere innovation experience, and immersion tours
More than 350 senior healthcare executives committed to revolutionizing healthcare will join forces at The Fairmont Hotel in Dallas, TX from Nov 5 – 7, 2018 for this year’s sixth annual Oliver Wyman Health Innovation Summit.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181105005538/en/
This invitation-only event – Health Redefined: Breaking Boundaries to Build a Better Way – brings together C-suite executives, influencers, and experts from around the world to examine the inner workings of an industry in a state of disruption and to redefine the future health market.
“Healthcare is an industry where the status quo is no longer relevant for consumers, payers, providers, physicians, and influencers alike. We must reimagine traditional mindsets to prepare for what’s next,” said Terry Stone, Global Managing Partner of Oliver Wyman’s Health and Life Sciences practice. “Our research and this Summit provides attendees with actionable insights based on active discussion to drive needed change.”
Highlights of this year’s Summit include:
- Perspectives from influential pioneers and visionaries from inside and outside healthcare:
- Stephen K. Klasko, MD, MBA, President and CEO, Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health
- Aneesh Chopra, President, CareJourney and former US Chief Technology Officer
- Andrea Wong, Former President, International, Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Brigitte Nettesheim, President, Joint Venture Markets, Aetna
- Marcus Osbourne, Vice President, Health & Wellness Transformation, Walmart
- Craig E. Sammit, MD, MBA, President and CEO, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
- Patrick J. Kennedy, Former US Representative (D - RI); Founder, The Kennedy Forum
- Karen DeSalvo, Professor, Dell Medical University, former Acting Assistant Secretary, US Department of Health and Human Services
- Niyum Gandhi, Executive Vice President and Chief Population Health Officer, Mount Sinai Health System
- Sam Hornblower, Producer, 60 Minutes
- Oliver Wyman and Thrive Global, Arianna Huffington’s latest venture with a mission of ending the stress and burnout epidemic, have partnered to bring this year’s attendees the Thrive Global Insights Lounge. Here, Thrive Global’s Agapi Stassinopoulos will be conducting over a dozen executive interviews to learn more about how industry leaders are addressing today’s challenges, as well as how they’re managing their overall health and wellbeing. C-suite executives will be interviewed from companies including Fitbit Health Solutions, Independence Blue Cross, Teladoc Health, Comcast NBCUniversal, Optum, AbleTo, and more.
- Attendees will walk the halls of five different innovative organizations through our interactive immersion tours. These tours will provide a firsthand look at how some of the Dallas area’s most innovative organizations are transforming the health market. Attendees will visit C1 Innovation Lab to learn how design thinking leads to consumer-centric solutions, Health Wildcatters to explore the world of investors and startups, the Momentous Institute to experience how social and emotional health has been infused into an elementary school campus, Teledoc Health to better understand global health access transformation, and UT Southwestern Simulation Center to see medical education breakthroughs in action.
- Executive sessions on topics such as: The AI Effect: Health Workforce Redefined, Innovation as a Competitive Edge: How to Make Innovating through Partnership Successful, Pharma Evolution: Changing the Game with Payers, Providers, and Everyone in Between, What the Doctor Ordered: Shaping Physician Culture to Drive Value, and (Block)chain Reaction: Should I Care?
- The #HealthEverywhere experience, where attendees can see firsthand how care delivery can be transformed to happen anytime and anywhere. Also, the #HealthEverywhere Hands-On Device Bar features a variety of innovative devices, including wearables, interactive robots, digital therapeutics, and more from Propeller Health, Scanwell, Catalia Health, Fitbit Health, and Neofect.
Individuals not attending the event can follow real-time discussions from speakers and attendees via Oliver Wyman’s social media channels. Highlights from the event will be shared via the hashtag #OWHIC, @OliverWyman, and the 2018 social media ambassadors. Featured sessions will be streamed on Facebook Live via @OliverWyman. Executive interviews can be found on Thrive Global Insights Lounge. And to keep up-to-date with the broader Summit conversation, exclusive real-time content, daily recaps, and podcast episodes will be published during the event on Oliver Wyman Health.
The Oliver Wyman Health Innovation Summit is supported by generous partners: Livongo, Softheon, Navvis, Teledoc Health, Thrive Global, Exela Technologies, Inc., Fitbit Health Solutions, Independence Blue Cross-Comcast, NextHealth Technologies, Alignment Healthcare, Motive Medical Intelligence, Optum, Sheppard Mullin, Welltok, Maven, Quantum Health, Virgin Pulse, Wellframe, Cantata Health, GeBBS Healthcare Solutions, Inc., HealthSparq, Vitality, and Zipongo.
For more information on this year’s event or to speak with Oliver Wyman about the Summit, please contact Francine Minadeo at email@example.com. For a complete agenda and roster of speakers, please visit the event website.
About Oliver Wyman
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across nearly 30 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com. Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
About Oliver Wyman Health Innovation Center
Oliver Wyman launched the Health Innovation Center (OWHIC) in 2011 dedicated to promoting positive change in healthcare. OWHIC champions innovation by disseminating proven innovations; envisioning market-based solutions to today’s and tomorrow’s challenges; and establishing a cross-industry community of thought-leaders to share and shape ideas.
For the latest on the business of transforming healthcare, visit the Oliver Wyman Health digital platform at health.oliverwyman.com. For more information on Oliver Wyman, visit www.oliverwyman.com