All eyes were on the Federal Reserve this week after the central bank announced that it would begin tapering its bond-buying program. In his final news conference, Bernanke commented “Today’s policy actions reflect the assessment that the economy is continuing to make progress, but that it also has much farther to travel before conditions can be judged normal.” The central bank will reduce its monthly bond buying by $10 billion starting next month; Bernanke, however, was also adamant that asset purchases will not be on a pre-set course and that the central bank will remain highly accommodative [see The Fed Effect: How Monetary Policy Impacts Your ETFs].
Below, we highlight seven insightful articles circulating around the financial space this week:
- QE , finitely (The Economist)
- The most important charts of the year (Business Insider)
- A common mistake : treating the market as an individual investor or trader (A Dash of Insight)
- 2014 will be the year of secret IPOs (Quartz)
- The top billionaire gainers in 2013 (CNBC)
- Secret currency traders’ club devised biggest market’s rates (Futures Magazine)
- CAPE Fear (Mebane Faber)
Follow me on Twitter @DPylypczak.
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.
- No Related Posts