AUSTIN, TX--(Marketwired - Jul 28, 2014) - Tech21 (www.tech21.com), the leader in impact protection for smartphones, tablets and laptops, today announced new data from a tablet-use survey in conjunction with the launch of its new Impact Folio range for the iPad Air and iPad mini. In a survey of over 3,000 individuals, Tech21 asked parents (infographic) and avid travelers (infographic) about their tablet use, and found both sets are accident-prone.
Among parents who say their children have broken their tablets, 81 percent said they'd done so by dropping the tablet (something that 52 percent of parents report they or their child does at least one to three times each month), and 10 percent by throwing it. While toddlers may be tablet enemy No. 1, travelers aren't much better -- 36 percent report they drop their tablet at least once a month. Even more shocking, 8 percent of parents report that one of their child's first words was the name of their tablet ("iPad," "Galaxy").
Enter Tech21's new Impact Folio -- a flexible case with multiple viewing and typing positions backed by advanced impact protection. Like all Tech21's products, the Impact Folio has been tested against the company's Impactology™ -- the promise to always provide the most intelligent impact protection.
Key benefits of the Impact Folio include:
- Advanced Impact Protection - The case is composed of FlexShock™ impact material with advanced geometric structures that absorb, dissipate and repel impact force.
- Impact Screen Protection - A protective screen cover is included in the Folio, preventing impact damage and accidental scratches.
- Multiple Viewing Positions - The Impact Folio case features five viewing positions including landscape and typing angles that cater to each individual use.
- Auto Wake Magnet - A magnet built into the Folio cover activates the auto wake feature on the iPad when opened.
"Based on our survey responses, it's clear the Impact Folio is needed. And continuing our long tradition of using the most advanced, scientifically-proven materials coupled with sleek design, it is spot on for parents, avid travelers and anyone looking to protect their devices," said Jason Roberts, CEO of Tech21. "The Impact Folio offers a unique 6-foot drop protection, a large range of viewing positions, auto wake technology and is one of the slimmest impact protective tablet cases available today."
Additional survey findings included:
- 8 percent of parents report that one of their child's first words was the name of their tablet ("iPad," "Galaxy")
- One in four parents had to pay to fix their tablet screen in the past year
- Nearly half of parents (45 percent) said the most common cause of tablet damage was from getting in and out of a car, or leaving it on top of a car
- 41 percent of parents let their child use their tablets for more than one hour per day
- 12 percent of parents let their children under the age of two use a tablet; 3 to 5 years old is the most common age range for tablet usage (25 percent)
- 14 percent of parents confessed to using their tablet in the restroom
- One-third of tablet breaks happen getting into and out of a car or leaving it on top of the car
- 8 in 10 travelers don't leave home without their tablets
- More than three-quarters of travelers use their tablet over one hour each day
- 18 percent of frequent travelers have paid to fix their tablet screen in the past year
- Over a third of travelers have spent more than $30 on tablet protection
A range of Impact Folio cases (in grey/black and grey/blue) are now available for the iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina Display in Verizon stores nationwide and online at Tech21 http://www.tech21.com/impact-folio-ipad-air-case/. The cases retail for $64.99 for the iPad Air and $45.99 for the iPad mini with Retina Display. The Impact Folio will also be available in Apple Stores nationwide. See the Impact Folio in action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2Po9tnFY5k.
Impact Folio cases feature Tech21's scientifically-proven, impact absorbing hybrid material FlexShock, with unbeatable user-friendliness and ingenious slim design, enhancing the natural beauty of the device. All Tech21 Impactology cases and screen protectors have been developed over years of intensive research, resulting in cases that withstand daily life, while still being sleek and stylish.
All Tech21 Impactology cases and screen protectors have been developed over years of intensive research, resulting in cases that withstand daily life, while still being slim and stylish.
Since 2005, Tech21 has been developing the most advanced, scientifically proven cases and screen shields for mobile, tablet and laptop devices worldwide. Tech21's guiding principal, Impactology, promises all products deliver the most intelligent impact protection available today. The first company to use scientifically tested, shock-absorbing polymers, Tech21 products combine science, design and ease-of-use to provide unparalleled protection for people's most important devices. Headquartered on Eel Pie Island in London, Tech21 also has offices in Austin, TX. For more information, visit www.tech21.com.